16. Michael's Other Lover

NINETEEN SEVENTY-NINE

Triggering Content Ahead.

Michael

Sedona, Ohio, was the epitome of boring.

The population here was probably 800 tops.

It wasn't a lot of places to eat, and there was a lot
of tumbleweed rolling around, but with the presence
of Abhaya, Ricky, and Angel, I could fathom the nothingness of the little city. Tonight was our last night here; tomorrow morning, we would drive to another unknown destination. I kind of liked the randomness of the trip. Nothing was expected, which oddly made things more interesting.

Right now, the four of us were driving towards the town's strip, trying to find something to do.

Earlier, we went to some breakfast diner called Waffle House.

That was my first time eating there, but it was
pretty good, not IHOP good but still good. We were
all too full to site see Sedona at the time being, so we decided to just go back out at a later time, which we were currently doing now. Ricky had all the windows down in the van, letting the wind he created by illegally speeding hit us all in triumph. The breeze felt friendly and relaxed compared to earlier.

"For the love of you." By the Isley Brothers were playing on the radio. For some reason, the song seemed to make me feel very tranquil.

I think it had something to do with the melodies or
the harmonizing voices. It could just be the fact of it being a lovely song, but regardless, I enjoyed it.

"Hey Ricky, turn the radio up," I said from
the backseat. I currently reside in the back with
Abhaya while Angel and Ricky were in the front.

Ricky reached his hand towards the radio before turning it up a few notches. The voices of the Isley brothers gradually increased as the song lingered throughout the entirety of the van.

"Smoother than a gentle breeze Flowin' through
my mind with easy soft as can be, well When you're lovin' me."

Shifting my head towards the left, I see Abhaya staring out the window in a reverie state.

The wind was wildly blowing through her hair. She would try to tame it by running her fingers back, but the wind continued to give her a hard time.

She softly sighed before leaning her elbow against
the windowpane.

Her head followed afterward in the palm of her hand.
For a few moments, I became fixated on her beauty.
Abhaya was one of those beauties you didn't encounter much. She wasn't the typical depiction of American Beauty. Her beauty was unique.