12. Love Scheme 1: Jealousy

NINETEEN SEVENTY-NINE

Abhaya

"Here ya go," Ricky said as he handed me a key for the hotel room Angel and I would be sharing.

We were staying at a reasonably decent hotel called
the Pilot's Embassy. After driving for nearly twelve hours, Ricky thought it was best that we all relaxed and unwind for a few days before we got back on the road. We all agreed on it and decided to stay at the
cheapest hotel we could find, which was in the middle of nowhere. The little town we were in was called Sedona, located on the outskirts of Ohio.

I thanked Ricky as I took the small key out of his hands, "I was able to get our rooms beside each other. Thank god, because I didn't feel like walking all over the world to bother you two."

Ricky softly grabbed Angel's and I's cheeks before giving them a light squeeze. 

"Ewww! Ricky, don't touch my face with those hands of yours. I might break out or something."

Angel complained. One of her biggest pet peeves was when someone touched her face. She was really into skincare and always had a fear of pimples appearing randomly on her baby's soft and clear skin.

"Oh, shut up." Ricky removed his hand from our
faces before he turned towards Michael, who was holding his bags as well as Angels.

"Alright, Mike, Room 541 is ours." With that
being said, we all walked up five flights of stairs since the only two elevators at the Pilts Embassy were having some malfunction issues.

"First, the air conditioning went out. Now we have
to walk up to five flights of stairs? What the hell else is next." Michael complained.

Unfortunately, the universe decided to answer his question by tripping him up.

Michael somehow tripped over a bit of pebble and fell against a few steps. Luckily, he used one of the duffle bags to cover the front of his body, so when he fell, it wasn't too harsh; instead of helping Michael, Ricky looked back at him and laughed, "That's what you get for shining them damn shoes like you crazy. Who told you to wear loafers on a damn trip? As a matter of fact, why are you even wearing what you're wearing right now? You look like you just got out of church."