32. Love Confession

NINETEEN SEVENTY-NINE

Author

Abhaya rushed down the stairs of her home as she heard thunderous knocks against the front door.

She was home alone today and wasn't expecting anyone, so she didn't have an inkling as to who
was banging on her door like the police.

"I' M COMING!" She yelled as the knocks seemed
to get louder and louder. Abhaya stood before the
front door and peeped through the peephole to see
a shirtless Ricky. "Why is this fool shirtless." She muttered to herself before opening the front door.

"Ricky, what the hel—" She halted her voice when Ricky suddenly barged into her home.

"Well, hello to you too!" Abhaya greeted before shutting the door behind her.

She turned back towards the living room to see Ricky pacing back and forth like a maniac.

Abhaya began to analyze him from head to toe.
Ricky was sweaty and shirtless. He had on a pair
of red basketball shorts and his signature golden chain hanging around his neck. Ricky was looking good, and he wasn't even trying. Abhaya had to look away when she realized how long she had been staring at him. She cleared her throat and walked a few steps to Ricky.

He looked at her, slightly angry. "For you to have
such a big ASS head, you surely don't fucking use it." He said. Abhaya scoffed. "You know how I feel about the forehead jokes, asshole!" Ricky rolled his eyes.

"Why am I just finding out that you're going to
Spelman instead of Saint Augustine?" Ricky asked.

Abhaya suddenly grew quiet, and Ricky raised
his brow at her. "So you were going to hide it from
me? Unbelievable! I thought we tell each other everything!" He yelled at her. Abhaya sighed.

"I was gonna tell you, Ricky..."

"When!?" He glared at her. "The day of? Like I
Can't believe you. I can't believe you're throwing
away your dreams to follow after Michael. Are you crazy? Seriously are fucking crazy?"

Abhaya lowered her eyes down to her feet; she honestly didn't know what to say. She hated how
Ricky was making her feel right now. She felt bad.

"Abhaya, imma need you to fucking speak!"

"If you're going to be an ass to me, then you can
leave! I don't need this from you; I don't!" She pushed past Ricky and headed up the stairs. Ricky followed behind. He was hot on her heels. "You do need this from me! Someone has to give you a reality check, okay!" Abhaya made it to the top step and walked towards her bedroom.