19. New Flame

NINETEEN SEVENTY-NINE

Author

Two quivering hands were holding a recipe for destruction. In the right held a pack of Sam Town matches and in the left was a half-gallon of lighter fluid. These hands belonged to an enraged young woman that reached that dangerous breaking point of no return. These hands belonged to Abhaya.

Red was all she could see as she placed the faded burgundy pack of matches in her back pocket.

She used her now free hand to untwist the cap against the lighter fluid as she stood before a luxurious house that one would see in Hollywood-directed films.

The house's beauty couldn't even stop the manifestation of hell raging through her now demonic spirit. Tears with the highest amount of saline escaped the corners of her eyes like a river.

She didn't try to wipe them away for the simple fact of knowing that they were never-ending.

These tears weren't going to stop anytime soon.

The pain she felt wasn't going to leave her
heart anytime more quickly, and the rage she
felt wasn't about to subside anytime soon.

The only thing she could do to make the immense feeling of hurt and anger go away was to destroy
this beautiful house before her and everything in it.

Everything.

Abhaya began to run around the house in circles, purposely spilling the lighter fluid everywhere she could.

When she felt she had covered enough ground, she began to splash the liquid against the windows she could reach and then all the doors before she came back to the front porch and began to use the little
bit of fluid she had left to drown the oak floors
in what was to turn into a raging fire.