23. The Lust Between Us

Author

Author

Three days later

Abhaya softly knocked against Michael's hotel room while adjusting two bottles of coke that were stuck in between the crook of her armpits.

The cherry cokes were practically slipping from the condensation, so Abhaya had to press the inside of
her arm further towards her chest.

After a long day of being out with Angel and Ricky, Abhaya was glad to be back at the cheap hotel she currently resided in but most importantly, Abhaya
was ready to see Michael. She missed him.

It didn't even matter that she was only away from Michael for a few hours; she still missed him.

And according to Abhaya, hours felt like years.

After a few more moments of knocking, the badly painted beige door swung open to reveal Michael.

His hair was wet as if he had just gotten out of the shower; he smelled like it too.

Fresh Irish spring soap. One of Michael's signature scents Abhaya grew to love over the years.

Michael happily smiled at Abhaya, but the smile suddenly disappeared as his eyebrows etched in
confusion. His eyes probed the outfit she had on, which was some very short shorts, some cowgirl boots, a flannel that was wrapped in half to show off her toned stomach, and a straw hat.

All Abhaya was missing now was a horse to ride on.

"Well, hello, Texas ranger," Michael said with derision.

He crossed slender arms against his chest and questioned Abhaya with his eyes which caused
her to let out a small laugh.

She couldn't read his mind, but if she could, it would consist of him saying, "What the hell does she has on?"

"You like?" Abhaya asked in reference to her new
outfit while doing a half 360 twirl. She had gotten it at a classic cowboy outlet. As did Angel, as well as Ricky.