4. Is This Love That I'm Feeling?

NINETEEN SEVENTY NINE

Author

Bob Marley and the Wailers were faintly playing
in the background of Abhaya's bedroom.

She sat against the bench seat attached to her window, gazing at the scenery outside.

Usually, Abhaya would stare at nature in complete wonderment, but right now, her mind was too focus
on something else to take in the beauty before her.

Her mind was on Michael and had been for the
past week in a half. She hadn't heard from him since the night of the party; he had been ignoring her.

At first, Abhaya didn't mind Michael's silence.

She knew he probably needed time to himself to think, but after almost two weeks, she grew impatient.

Every time she called his house, his siblings would say he wasn't home, but she knew that wasn't the truth.

Michael went as far as not frequenting the same establishments his friends would go so he wouldn't run into Abhaya. She somberly sighed; her mind lingered back to the night she kissed Michael.

A smile crept upon her lips as flashbacks of them resurfaced throughout her mind.

The kiss shared between them. She remembered tasting the alcohol on his tongue, the weed.

She remembered his fingertips trailing up and
down her abdomen. Abhaya was sure that Michael
was considering fingering her from how he moved
his hands against her waistline.

To her dismay, he decided against it. For the first
time, she had wished that Michael hadn't been such a gentleman and used his long fingers to dig inside her warmth until he found a pot of gold.

"Is this love, is this love, is this love, is this love that I'm feeling."

Abhaya slightly turned her head from the window to look at the radio.

"Stop doing this to me, cruel world, stop it!" She made her way towards the radio to turn the station; the next song made her groan.

Life was testing her, and she knew it.

"Since we are lyin' here, ah For the first time, you
and I Show me what you'll do for me and then will I."

Switch sang, causing Abhaya to think about when she and Michael were lying in the same bed together.

"There'll never be a better love, love, love, love."