9.Unrequited Feelings & Realizations

NINETEEN SEVENTY NINE

Abhaya

For the past week, Michael had been visiting me in
the hospital with a bouquet of flowers every time he showed up. Monday were Sunflowers, Tuesday were White Lilly's, Wednesday was a variety of rainbow-colored Carnations, and today was red Roses.

He placed the red Roses against the counter where
the rest of the flowers were. I was starting to feel like
a botanist with all these plants.

Not that I wasn't grateful, but I knew Michael was trying to get himself off the hook. Every time I tried to bring up the awkward situation between us, he would do his best to avoid it and successfully succeeded with flowers.

But today, I wasn't going to let it slide. I deserved to know what was going on and how he felt about me.

"You're starting to run out of room for the flowers, Abs," Michael spoke. Today, I wasn't in the best of moods.

Who better to project that anger on than avoiding
ass Michael? I was told that I wouldn't be discharged until another week from now which annoyed me to death because I was so sick of eating hospital food.

But then I thought about having to go home, which I didn't want at the moment.

I was stuck, or so I thought.

"Then stop bringing them. Maybe I'll have some room." I said. Annoyance was highly evident in my tone. He looked back over his shoulder with a raised eyebrow. "What's the matter?"

"You."

"Me?" He asked while turning around with his finger pointing towards his chest.

I lifted my hand and pointed at him, "You're the only one here beside me, correct?" He looked around before slightly shrugging, "It seems as though I am." I rolled my eyes at his unwanted wisenheimer. "Why don't you kiss me anymore?" My question was in between the mix of testing him and wanting to know why.