26. Home Is Where Your Heart Is

NINETEEN SEVENTY-NINE

Author

WELCOME TO INDIANA

Hearts dropped.

Anxiety levels increased.

The gang of misfits who already shook over the shooting incident hours prior felt even sicker to their stomachs. Ricky knew his mom was gonna go ape shit on him as soon as he pulled up in the yard. He also knew his cousin Lonnie was going to be highly pissed at the van being covered with bullet holes as well as the fact that Ricky had the van longer than what was agreed upon. Ricky was only supposed to have the van for a week. He's been gone for almost three...

A sigh was released from between Ricky's lips as he inwardly prepared for his mother and cousin to nag him to death.

"So who's getting dropped off first?" Ricky questioned before stopping at a red light.

No one said a word because quite frankly everyone
was scared to go home. Scared of the consequences.

It was quiet for a few more seconds until Ricky repeated himself. "So who's getting dropped off first?"

He reiterated before turning his head to look over
at Angel. Angel looked back at Michael and Michael looked over at Abhaya. Everyone was just looking around like a pack of owls. Ricky instantly became annoyed at the silence and smacked his lips before speaking."Since everyone suddenly became death
I'll be the one to fucking choose. Michael, your ass
is going home first."

Michael's eyes slightly widened as he pointed to himself. "M—Me?" He stuttered. "Why me? We're closer to Angel's place. Let's drop her off first."

Angel quickly turned from the front seat to look
back at Michael with a scowl. "No! You're going
home first just like Ricky said!"

The light turned green and Ricky pressed his feet against the gas to drive off. Angel and Michael were bickering back and forth about who was going home first which annoyed Ricky to the point of him yelling.

"Shut the fuck up!" He yelled. "Angel you're going home first because you do live closer and it doesn't make sense for me to drop Michael's ugly ass off first."Angel and Michael started to bicker with Ricky.

"But Ricky you said that you were going to drop Michael off first!" She whined. "Nigga who you calling ugly?" Michael questioned.

"Angel you're going first and that's that. Michael I'm calling your ass ugly and you're getting dropped off second. Abhaya you're last. If anybody has a problem with what I just said then y'all can walk." Everybody was now arguing except Abhaya who was just looking around in a daze. Ricky was yelling at Angel. Angel was yelling at Mike and Michael started to yell at Abs for no reason other than to just yell.