SEVEN : HAPPY WIFE, HAPPY LIFE

Micah checked the time on his apple watch, and was relieved that he made it on time before everyone else

         Micah checked the time on his apple watch, and was relieved that he made it on time before everyone else. Well, except one person. He was sure that Kayla would be front row as always, ten minutes early as she was to every class, prompt and ready for the lesson. And although art class wasn't the most important of them all, she still took it just as serious and wanted to do well.

Micah on other hand was just hoping to pass because his aunt Azure was the teacher, but he was sure she wouldn't let him off that easy.

Slowly walking into the class room, he was also happy to see that Azure had stepped out of the room before class started. And just as he expected, Kayla sat at her desk with her head deep into a novel.

She raised her head at the sound of his feet approaching her, and he smirked nervously.

"Wassup" he nodded, trying to play it cool.

"Hey" she smiled, only to put her head back into the book.

Micah twisted his mouth, and decided to just fill up the seat next to her.

"So, what you reading?"

"Don Quijote" she answered, flipping the page.

"Who?" He raised his brow.

"Don Quijote, it's a story about a man who wants to be a knight. So he roams the town, saving people who don't need to be saved, it's hilarious"

"Probably getting his ass beat too, I bet" Micah chuckled.

"Yeah" Kayla giggled with a slight snort, "A lot"

Micah's heart jolted, and he furrowed his brows as he never felt that before. Sure, he liked girls before, but Kayla wasn't the typical high school girl. And Micah believed it was because she wasn't only pretty, but smart. Whereas the girls he knew were either or.

"So, what are you doing after school?" He asked her, deciding to get comfortable in the seat as thats where he was choosing to sit that day.

"I have writing group" she responded, book marking her chapter as students began to enter the class.

"Writing group? What's that?"

"For a hour I go to a class with other people who write, and we just...write together I guess" Kayla shrugged, now realizing how boring it sounded out loud.

"Sounds cool" Micah nodded.

It didn't sound like something he'd be into, however he didn't tell her that.

"Really?" Kayla asked.

"Yeah, really" Micah flashed his cute smile, and she turned her head to hide the redness that was her face, "Can I go?"

He knew he was pushing it, but like Ron said he had to change her mind about him. So far the two didn't know each other that well, and the little bit that Kayla did know wasn't good at all.