TWENTY FIVE - FLAWS AND ALL

"Kayla, I'm sorry

"Kayla, I'm sorry. Please talk to me." Micah pleaded, leaving yet another voice message to Kayla - ones that he was sure was falling on deaf ears.

He had been asking for her forgiveness for his stupidity all evening, and hoped she would come to her senses instead of hating him forever. To make things worse, he had no one to talk to - since Ron was miles away and he was the only one who truly got him. He loved his sister, but she was a girl - and girls never understood the male thought process.

Trying to get the situation out of his head, Micah flicked on the TV - searching for a show that was funny enough to get him out of his feelings. He began to smell the aroma of dinner creeping from under his bedroom door, his stomach following up with a loud grumble. He definitely didn't want to face Marley - who was still mad at him although she was surprisingly taking it easy.

Hearing a knock at his door, he creased his forehead - knowing that meant she was ready to have her talk.

"Come in." He shouted just loud enough for her to hear.

The door cracked open, and in walked Marley with a plate of all of Micah's favorites.

He spiked his eyebrow, "Who are you and what have you done with my sister?"

"Boy, take this plate before I change my mind." She laughed.

Micah sat up, licking his lips over just from the smell of spicy BBQ chicken.

"Thanks Ley, so I'm guessing this means I'm not in trouble?" He smiled bashfully.

Marley took a seat at the edge of the full sized bed, "Only if you tell me what's really wrong, and if it's a good enough reason...which technically still isn't a reason to be fighting. You go to a good school Micah, and if you get expelled that's on your record when you go to college."

"Me, college?" He scoffed, "I hate school as is."

"Well too bad because me and Ron...Ron mostly, has started your college fund. But hey, I'll spend it on shoes and bags if you want me to." Marley slit her eyes.

"....You didn't tell Ron did you? Nico already suspended me from boxing, I don't need to hear it from him too."

"No I didn't tell him, but that doesn't mean that Nico won't so good luck with that...anyway no more small talk. Tell me what happened."

Marley pushed her hair behind her ears to signal that she was listening. Micah rolled his eyes over, knowing he had no choice and quite frankly he wanted to get it over with so he could eat.

"Kayla broke up with me." He mumbled, even the sound of the words breaking his teenage heart, "And it was all my dumb ass friends fault...that's who I was fighting."

"You were fighting your friends Micah? What do they have to do with you and Kayla?"

"They we're spreading rumors that we....you know..." Micah gave his sister a knowing look.