THIRTY SEVEN - DILEMMA

Nico sat at the open bar, watching as Azure danced with her father in the crowd full of family and friends

        Nico sat at the open bar, watching as Azure danced with her father in the crowd full of family and friends. Most of the guests were Claire's, while Robert's side was much smaller. Timeless slow jams were playing, bringing all of the older folks out of their seats who couldn't sit out their favorites.

Despite Azure's worries, the wedding was beautiful and as far as Nico could tell, Robert was happy. He held his daughter close, a wide smile on his face as they swayed back and forth.

"You never were much of a dancer."

Looking up from his drink, Nico spotted Diamond standing before him. She cleaned up nice, but he would never admit that.

"That's a lie" Nico scoffed, "I love to dance, I'm just chilling. Watching my baby enjoy her time."

Diamond glanced back at Azure, who looked beautiful in the champagne colored dress and soft curls that framed her face.

"You two really do look good together, even back then." She admitted.

Nico spiked his brow. "Wow, someone grew up."

"Mhhhm.. We're family now, so I'll be seeing y'all around or whatever." Flagging him away, the two shared a laugh before she disappeared back into the crowd.

Nico was definitely stunned by that, but figured everyone had to grow up one day even Juicy's crazy ass. Seeing her definitely gave him deja-vu of his college days.

From the days he just knew he was a player, to when he met his wife and she turned his world upside down. He laughed to himself just thinking about it.

"What's up bro?" Dion gave Nico a nod as he approached the bar.

"Over here enjoying this open bar" Nico shrugged, "What's up, how you been man?"

"Same ol, same ol." He stuck his hands in his pockets and began to rock on his heels awkwardly.

Nico didn't know Dion that well, but he knew enough that he was well aware of his intentions for coming around. He tried his best to hide the fact he liked men around Nico, or anyone for that matter, while simultaneously pining after Justin.

"You see the home game against the Lakers?" Nico said, trying to fill the awkward silence.

"Yeah, it was a good game" Dion nodded, "Ay, by chance do you have Justin's number? I ran into him downtown the other day, he was in a rush so it must've slipped his mind but he told him to call him about a job. Something about his job hiring, I don't know." He shrugged, looking down at his feet.

Nico tried his best to hold back his laugh.

"Dion, come on man" He shook his head, "You ain't gotta lie to me. I ain't tryna be in ya business, but Justin is like a brother to me. Do you really think I ain't up on game?"