THIRTY - JUST LIKE YOU

Waking up with the thought of Marley on his mind was Ron's current habit

Waking up with the thought of Marley on his mind was Ron's current habit. A week had passed, but his mistake loomed over him like a dark cloud that just wouldn't go away. He wasn't only angry with himself, but disappointed. How could he let something go so far, when in soberness he knew right from wrong.

Not only that, he loved his wife. She was everything a man wanted; Supportive, hard working, loyal, and down right sexy even years after being together. It just didn't add up why he would betray her, and that was what bothered him most.

While at first Ron was having one hell of a time across the country, his latest catastrophe had him hating every second being there. If he wasn't looking over his shoulder in fear of seeing Jayda again, he was thinking of his family back home and how he would lose them once he told the truth.

Marley was a woman who knew her worth, and any thought of being crossed vexed her. Just the thought of it made his stomach turn.

Rod Wave blasted through his room as he put away his laundry. As much as he wanted to go home, he knew he had to stick through it to get full pay and to possibly avoid a lawsuit as well. It was a lose lose situation.

Still folding, his eyes diverted to a piece of paper that fell out of his jean pocket. He furrowed his brows as he picked it up, unfolding it before throwing it away which was his first instinct.

They ask me what love is,
I say I don't know
Is it rooted in your heart?
Or does it have to grow?
They ask me what love is
And I ask it right back
Like how my mom and pops just drop me like dat?
Why my sister gotta raise me,
And I ain't see my other siblings in years?
If love has to grow, can it be watered with tears?
They ask me what love is,
And I say it's my brother Ronnell.
My guardian angel, that saved me from hell
Not only does he love my sister,
he took me in as well
See, that's love
That's what a real man would do
And when I grow up to be a man
I wanna be just like you!

For the first time since he was young, Ron cried real tears. Along with losing Marley, he would lose Micah too - who was truly like his son. The regret that he felt was deeper if that was even possible, and he suddenly knew what he had to do. Despite the consequences, he had to be a man.

Before he left to go see the very person he needed to, Ron took out his phone and dialed Micah's number.

"Wassup bro?" He answered immediately. "I was just about to call you."

"Oh yeah, what you gettin into over there? I haven't heard anything so you must be doing good." Ron chuckled.

"Yeah I'm doing aiight. But forget about me, how's Cali? I wish I could be out there with you doin it big!"

Ron scratched the back of his neck, "Mic this ain't all play, I've been working too. I miss the hell out of y'all so it ain't really all good."

"True" Micah agreed, "We miss you too. Me, especially. I love Marley and all that but it's hard just living with only her and not a guy to talk to."