THIRTY NINE - THE LAST CHAPTERS PART TWO

"Come on Micah, just one more picture." Jalisa posed in front of the water, her hands on her hips as she waited for Micah to snap a few more shots.

"Here man" he playfully rolled his eyes, "Those are the last ones."

"I have to get all the pics I can, who knows the next time I'll travel. My mom is so cheap." She chuckled, stepping out of the ocean and onto the sand.

It was their third day on vacation, and so far they were having a great time. From the beach, to the restaurants and shopping, they hadn't even scratched the surface of everything they had planned.

Marley had finally come around, enjoying the city as much as she could before she was ready to return back to her room. Thankfully it was still early, the four of them chilling on the beach and soaking up the sun.

"Aye, remember that time we went back to AC and Janette got drunk and left us there to go to the casino?" Micah laughed, glancing over at Jalisa.

Her eyes widened, "You remember that? You were like five."

"Yup, I don't know how but I do" he shrugged, "Do you ever think about her?"

"Who, Janette?" She asked, stopping to pick up a seashell, "No. That ain't my mother, and from the looks of it she ain't yours either. Dumb bitch didn't know her head from her ass."

"Yeah but she was fun sometimes." Micah shrugged.

Jalisa squinted her eyes, "When? When she traumatized us, didn't feed us, or didn't pay us any mind? Ohh, how about on holidays when we didn't get shit because she was too busy funding her and Eedy's drug habits. Wasn't shit about her fun."

Micah could see that the subject was sensitive for Jalisa. Just like that, her demeanor had changed and she was looking at Micah like he had two heads.

He understood though, he hadn't seen his mother in six years. But there were times he missed her and all of her dysfunction.

"Well at least you got a new mom." He scoffed, continuing to walk up the sand.

"It's not like she rescued me, I spent two years in foster care before I got adopted. You got to live with Marley and her rich ass husband. I'd trade places real quick."

Micah knew that was true as well. Back then, Ron had taken them in and their lives went from the projects to a gated community, ramen noodles and hot dogs to five star restaurants, and there were no more missing holidays.

"I'm not trying to offend you Jalisa, I was just saying." Micah slit his eyes.

"Sorry." She mumbled, darting her eyes elsewhere.

He smirked, playfully knocking her in the arm, "It's cool, you're a meany just like Ley."

"What about Ley?" said Marley, looking up from her magazine.

"Just saying your sister here is just like you. Mean." Micah said, laying next to Kayla on their blanket.

"Yeah I can see that." Kayla nodded.

"I'll remember that when y'all want something" Marley smirked, standing to her feet, "You guys can stay out here, I'm heading back to the hotel."

"Already?" Micah raised his brow.

"Yes, already. I'm tired." She huffed.

Micah frowned.

"Well I'll walk you to your room." He said not hesitating to hop up.

Now that Ron wasn't around, Micah took it upon himself to help Marley out any chance he could get - especially since she was pregnant. He too realized her distance and just like Armani he was having a hard time giving her space.