ELEVEN : GOOD ENOUGH

Shonda smiled at Armani uneasily, and as she tried to muster up the words to say Mahlia began to pull on her arm

"Mommy, you said you were going to take me to the bathroom" she whined.

"I am, just give me a second" Shonda looked down at the little girl, and then back up to Armani, "It was really nice seeing you, and you were right. It's been too long"

"Your daughter is so pretty, how old is she?" Armani asked, and Shonda squinted her eyes.

She knew what Armani was trying to insinuate, however unfortunately for her she wouldn't give her the satisfaction of an answer.

"I'm six" Mahlia giggled, putting up her hands.

"Six?!" Armani exclaimed, "Wow. You're a big girl"

"Yup, that's what my daddy says" she beamed.

Armani raised her brows, and before she could respond Shonda began to pull Mahlia along.

"I have to get her to the bathroom, but it was really nice seeing you"

Armani twisted her mouth, and while she wanted to follow Shonda she decided to just follow up on the situation later. It was nothing to snoop on facebook, and that was exactly what she was gonna do once she got a chance. Turning back to the food stand, she spotted K-Dot receiving the food from the front so she hurried over to give him a hand.

"Hey, sorry about that" she said, grabbing one of the trays and taking over the stroller.

"Where'd you go?" K-Dot asked, following behind her with Taylor.

"You won't believe who I ran into...Shonda"

"Real rap?" K-Dot asked surprised, "Damn I thought she moved out the country the way Muh embarrassed her"

"Oof, I don't even wanna think about it" Armani shook her head as she thought back to her father's 50th birthday party.

Years later and that was still the talk of every family gathering, and it was also one of the reasons Jocelyn never felt comfortable attending them. There were so many people in Muh's family that loved Sabrina and believed she was a true part of the Graham family, and the fact that he had moved on with his mistress was just tacky and in bad taste. It became so bad that even Armani didn't like going around the others either, and mostly stayed within her immediate family.

While she knew her mother and father's relationship wasn't the "result" that everyone wanted, she would always stick by her mothers side and anyone who had a problem with it had a problem with her.

"So how is she?" K-Dot asked, beginning to set up Taylor's meal as she danced in her seat, excited to eat.

"She's good I guess...but it wasn't just her. She was with her daughter" Armani replied emphasizing the word daughter.