Live Wire

So this is going to be my new book, I really hope you guys like it. I've always been a huge Motley Crue fan, and after watching The Dirt, I got really inspired to write this book. Also I would really appreciate it if you went and checked out the book crue_head wrote as she's a great writer, and is a dope person. Also, italics is Alex's thoughts.

(Alex's POV)

"Dad come on, you take forever. Quit being nervous, you're pretty much the best guitar player ever, well next to me." I said with a smirk, sitting on the black leather couch in my dad's living room, with my bottle of Jack in hand.

"Yeah? And where did you learn all of your guitar skills from, huh?" My dad says walking around the corner out of his room, and chuckling at me. "Also why do you have to wear clothes like that?" He said motioning at my outfit. I was wearing a black KISS crop top, with high waisted leather pants, and my dads leather jacket. As well as black combat boots.

"Dad I look just like you, minus the crop top." I sigh, rolling my eyes and taking a big swig of Jack. He just sighs at me, and grabs his guitar and starts to pick up his amp and equipment. I grab the other side, and help him carry it outside to the car. Once we get it all loaded up in the back, I run back inside to grab my bottle of now half empty Jack, and then hop in the passengers side of the car. I put on my sunglasses that match my dad's, and he gets in, starting the engine. We ride for about 20 minutes, until we pull upside of a dingy looking apartment building with music blaring. We both get out and start to unload the equipment when a guy with long black hair walks down the steps, while the other man stands up top drinking a beer. He grabs the other side of the amp from me.

"Hey man, here for the audition?" He says, looking at my dad.

"Yeah man." He says, slightly tensing from being in pain. I quickly walk over to take the side of the amp from him, and he just sighs at me.

"Nice, Well I'm Tommy." He says smiling as we begin to walk towards the steps, and up to the apartment.

"Mick Mars, and that's my daughter Alex Mars." He smiles at me, and I keep my stone face exactly like my fathers, and just nod at him. We make it upstairs and Nikki introduces himself, as well as some blonde guy that I honestly didn't care enough to catch his name. I sit on the couch and cross my legs as Nikki starts explaining everything to Mick. They begin playing, and already I can tell that the blonde guy isn't gonna make it.

"Hey, can ya turn it down old timer? I can't even hear myself. Damn." He says, scoffing and rolling his eyes. Dad looks at Nikki and mumbles something lowly, but I already know what he's going to say.

"Listen man, there's only room for one guitarist in the band, and that isn't you. So why don't you just pack up all of your little toys and get on out of here." I say with a stone face, glasses still on, and Jack Daniels in hand. He glares at me hard as I say that.

"Hey listen I was here first! Tell her Tommy." He says and looks back, Tommy fake drops a drum stick so he doesn't have to say anything, and I smirk at him.

"Nikki? Come on!" He says now looking at him, and he just shrugs. The blonde man just scoffs again, more loudly and turns around.

"Really? You're gonna listen to this old dude over me?" He says, I look at him with a hard glare.

"Hey man, that 'old dude' is my father. So I suggest you get the fuck out of here before I make you." I say, no emotion on my face. He just stares at me like I have three heads. He doesn't do anything so I stand up walking towards him, now an inch away from his face.

"Did I stutter man?" I say cracking my knuckles and crossing my arms. He tries to act tough but I can see in his eyes that he's frightened.

"Fuck you guys then man, and your shitty band!" He yells, grabbing his stuff, and crying as he leaves through the door. I take a swig of my Jack and sit back down on the couch, leaning forward with my elbows on my thighs. I have always been protective of my dad, even if that's what he's supposed to do. He gives me a thumbs up with a small smile.