Hope

(Alex's POV)

After just a month of Tommy and I deciding to work on things, the band was touring once more. Things are still a bit rocky between us, but Tommy has been doing anything and everything he possibly can to make me happy. We've yet to have sex again because I explained to him this was basically a restart in the relationship. No, we aren't a couple, and we won't be until I can learn to trust him again. Although in Vince's words 'If Tommy can't have sex with anyone else then y'all are a couple' but then again, it's Vince. We're currently on the plane heading over to Europe, and I'm flipping through some magazine I found lying around. I stumble on picture of my dad holding hands with an older woman and I gasp as if I were dying.

"Baby, baby what's wrong?!" Tommy rushes over but I completely ignore him, upset with my father. I stand up and put the magazine in his lap and he looks up at me nervously.

"Excuse me, I was not informed of this woman." I sass and cross my arms. He stands up and put his hands on my shoulders but I shrug them off waiting for an explanation.

"Listen honey, I was going to tell you but I wanted to make sure things were going to work out first. I didn't even know they took this picture." My dad defends himself. I just stare at him, clearly upset that he didnt say anything to me earlier, but how mad can I really be.

I sigh and say "I understand, I just wish you would've told me sooner. The paparazzi is always all over us and I hate finding important things out through them. As long as you're happy though, I'm happy." I smile towards him. He gives me a big hug, kisses me on the cheek, and sits back down as I sit with him.

"Thank you for understanding angel. You're right, I should've told you because the damn press won't ever let us have any fucking privacy, so I should've known they'd get pictures." He sighs and I laugh, nodding in agreement. We chat more about who she is, how they met, and he goes on and on about how much he likes her. It makes me so happy to hear my dad like this, because normally he's got on a harsh face and barely speaks. Hopefully this can be the start to something great for him. After we finish talking, we're close to landing so I begin to gather my things to get them ready to get off the plane. Tommy helps me with my big bags since they're very heavy, and I smile at him lightly. He shoots back his big goofy grin that made me fall in love with him in the first place, and I mentally kick myself because it makes me start to blush. Of course I want to be back to where we were, but I refuse to go back if he can't gain my trust back so I don't want to be all 'head over heels' before then.

"You alright babe? You look like you're thinking really hard." Tommy asks me gently, concern laced on his face. I just once again smile lightly towards him and nod.

"Yes, I'm fine. You know how my brain works, it just keeps turning the wheels when I get to thinking." I say. He nods back and continues to help me get everything ready to unload, as well as his own stuff.

--

We're finally in the hotel in England and I'm just now realizing that I have to decide if I want to sleep in the same room as Tommy or not, I groan mentally and face palm, now stressed out once again. I ask my dad if it would be okay if I decided I did want to stay in his room and he, of course, told me it was fine. I let everyone unload everything and I start to take a stroll on the street that we're staying on to see if there's anything interesting. I notice this weird looking restaurant or maybe bar, and decide to take a look inside. I walk through the doors, and within seconds almost all eyes are on me. I just ignore it, knowing it's probably because of the way I'm dressed. I walk up to the bar, and hop unto a chair, waiting for the bartender to come over.

" What would you like dear?" The bar man questions in a very thick english accent.

"Uhhh, I've never been to England before, do y'all have Jack Daniels?" I ask and he chuckles, nodding. I ask for a bottle of it, and he stops laughing, staring at me like I ask for fish guts or something.