Elektra Records

(Alex's POV)

Here we are again in a bar after another one of the guys shows. Nikki was talking about a girl he had sex with in between Vince and Tommy, both enthralled in the story. Me and dad just sat there talking about the band and how well we think it's doing. Since the whole girlfriend ordeal with Tommy, I've been getting a lot more drunk and high. Coping with my emotions has never been something I've been good at. The band was still in their stage makeup and costumes as they were too lazy to change after the show. I was wearing a black crop top with straps in the front, a short leather skirt, fishnet stockings, and my black combat boots. Well and of course, Tommy's leather jacket. I still hung out with him everyday, acting as if nothing had happened, because I don't want to ruin our friendship. We've been here for an hour, and I've already managed to polish off half a bottle of Jack and well as smoked 4 blunts on the way over here. Dad has noticed the change, and I think he's starting to get a little bit worried. I keep telling him that I'm just fine, but he knows that I not.

"Damn Alex, how did you drink so much that quickly?" Nikki askes, looking at me with wide eyes. We've slowly gotten closer as well, because well, we're a lot alike. I think he's worried about me as well, but I brush it off, not caring at this point.

"Man, when have you ever seen me sober? Life's no fun that way!" I slur out, leaning into my dad. He just smirks at me and takes another shot when a scrawny man with medium length brown hair walks up to us.

"Hey guys! I'm Tom Zutaut, I work for Elektra Records." He exclaims happily, looking at all the guys then me.

"Nice to meet you bro." Vince says, sticking out his hand, which Tom graciously takes. Tommy sticks a cigarette to his bottom lip and begins to talk to the man.

"Hey man." He says in a funny voice "Wanna sit down?" Making me laugh out loud in my drunken stupor.

"That's really cool." Tom says, pointing to Tommy and smiling widely.

"Sit. Do it." Tommy speaks again before taking the cigarette off of his lip and puffing it. Tom slides in next to Vince causing us all to shift over a little bit.

"Listen, I've been seeing what you guys have been doing in LA, and I think with my help, I think I could really do something for you. What do...oh my god!" Tom yells, bolting out of his seat, causing all of the guys to laugh. The girl under our table pops out and looks at him with an innocent smile.

"No? Not for you?" She asks, looking at him in the eyes. He mumbles out a 'no thanks' still shaken. "Are you sure?" She asks again.

"No, thank you." He says more firmly this time. She goes back under the table, assumingly to one of the other guys as Tom sits back down. "Anyways, back to what I was talking about. So, what do you guys say? Do you want a record deal?" He asks. They all start laughing as Nikki starts banging Tommy's head against the table repeatedly, of course making me bust out laughing again. "Is that a yes?" Tom asks, his smile faltering from confusion.

"I don't know if we can trust a man who turns down a free blowjob." Vince says, leaning into Tommy. 

"I think we can trust him, man. What do you guys think?" Nikki says, looking around at everyone. We all shake our heads yes, me more excitedly than the rest. I'm really happy for them and they all know it. "Alright man, you got yourself a deal!" Nikki exclaims, high-fiving 
Tom and the rest of the band does the same.

---

Elektra Records ended up signing them to a five-album deal, and gave them a huge cash advance, which of course, they spent on parties, drugs, and booze. We all sat around a table, me in Tommy's lap as usual.