Chapter 1 (The Apprentice Ceremony)

"Frostkit, today is our apprentice ceremony."  Purred Snowkit. It's our last day in the nursery, I think we should make today count" "Yeah!" Agreed Frostkit. "But what?" "Snowkit, Frostkit I have something to tell you." Interrupted Cloudstorm. "Have you been wondering why your father hasn't visited you in the nursery?" Asked Cloudstorm. "Of course." They blinked. "Well, before you were born your father Hailfur got sent on a patrol by Iciclestar and the patrol hasn't come back since then." Whimpered Cloudstorm. Moonclaw the deputy of WinterClan entered the nursery. "The meeting is starting soon." He purred. "I'm sure they will be great warriors some day." "And fair!" Cloudstorm added. "And fair." Moonclaw breathed. Snowkit and Frostkit followed their mother outside and glanced at the newly made warriors Pebblefur, Puddledapple, Bubblefrost, Splashshade and Rainshine. "They looked happy about their new names." Observed Snowkit. "Frostkit, you will be known as Frostpaw. Your mentor will be Moonclaw." Frostpaw touched noses with Moonclaw and sat down beside him. "Snowkit, you will be known as Snowpaw. Your mentor will be Iceshine." Iceshine's eyes sparkled with pride as she touched noses with her new apprentice. "I'll do my best to train you." Promised Iceshine.