Chapter 35 . Hailfur's Hope

Hailfur's eyes grew wild. "Help!" He managed to whimper. Mosskit, his daughter pressed closer to him. A silhouette crept closer but a familiar scent flooded the air. "Cloudstorm?" Hailfur breathed. Cloudstorm rushed over to him. She licked him frantically. "Oh Mosskit!" Cloudstorm nuzzled her daughter. "We've been looking all over for you! Come back to camp with me! You can see Snowpetal, Frostpelt, Heronfeather, Palewillow and Nightblossom!" "I can't leave Mosskit," Hailfur mewed. "Why?" Cloudstorm looked into his deep blue eyes. "She died here and her spirit cannot escape. She's trapped." Hailfur meowed, his eyes deep with sadness. "Don't stay because of me, father. You can go. I don't mind," Mosskit whispered. "First, I need to find a way to get you out of this ice cave." Hailfur meowed. Mosskit grew cold. "No. I must stay here!" Mosskit hissed. Hailfur leaped back in surprise. He had never seen his daughter be so angry. "Go! Now! Or I'll make you!" Mosskit snarled. Cloudstorm's eyes grew wide with horror. "No. No. No." She whimpered. Mosskit's eyes grew pale and icicles jabbed out of the ground. "Mosskit! Stop it!" Hailfur meowed loudly over the angry wind. "I said, Leave me alone!" Mosskit's voice echoed and jabbed an icicle and it stabbed Hailfur's back. "Look what you  did!" Snarled Cloudstorm, glaring at her daughter. Mosskit grew calm and came back to normal. "I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry." She whimpered. "What have you done!?" Cloudstorm's eyes grew icy. "I'm sorry." Mosskit repeated. "Sorry doesn't help! I'm taking him back to WinterClan and heal him!" Cloudstorm lifted Hailfur onto her back and began to run. "No stop. You forgot me..." Mosskit's eyes flooded with hurt.  She darted through the cave and finally got free. "I'm coming Hailfur!" She promised silently.