Chapter 33 (Silverwhisker's secret)

Blizzardtail, Stormclaw and Whitecloud were pressed together in the cold leaf-bare air. They were Silverwhisker's kits, her half-Clan kits. Silverwhisker still felt guilty about her relationship with Crowtail. Not all of her Clanmates trusted her still, Silverwhisker assumed it was like that with Crowtail too. Oh Crystalkit,  why did StarClan have to take you? She thought about her silver tabby kit, who had died last leaf-bare. Silverwhisker shivered. Stormshade and Violetpaw lay in the only sunshine. Whitecloud was named after Silverwhisker's sister, Whiteblaze. A few moons ago, Whiteblaze died kitting Violetpaw and Morningpaw, Grayfur's kits. Nightblossom had kits too. Hailkit, Velvetkit and Blossomkit. "Hey Silverwhisker." Mewed  Nightblossom, her blue eyes shining. "Can you watch my kits for me when I go to the gathering?" Silverwhisker nodded. Blossomkit purred. "When I'm a warrior, I'll be the best warrior ever!" "Not for another four moons." Silverwhisker mewed. She didn't want to upset the kit, but it was true. Blizzardtail ran up to her. "Silverwhisker! Crowtail's in camp, he's asking for you." "Can you look after the kits for me?" Asked Silverwhisker. Blizzardtail nodded. Crowtail met her at the hollow. "I needed to talk to you." He mewed. Silverwhisker tipped her head. "Why?" She asked. "I want to be in the same Clan as my mate and kits. They're growing into fine warriors." He purred. "Really?" Silverwhisker looked hopefully at him. "Really." Crowtail nodded. "I told Leafstar and Iciclestar and made it official." Silverwhisker purred and pressed her muzzle to his. In the middle of the night, Silverwhisker got out of  her nest, the air stank of badger. She jumped. Fresh! She got up and headed towards Iciclestar's den. She nudged Iciclestar. "What?" Iciclestar asked. "Fresh badger scent." Reported Silverwhisker. Iciclestar yowled. The cats walked out of their dens sleepily. "A badger has been wandering in camp!" Iciclestar hissed. Nightblossom gasped. "Moonclaw, Birchfur, Lilyfrost and Mousefoot will drive it off." Mewed Iciclestar. Lilyfrost yawned. "Which way?" She asked. Her amber eyes wide. Snowpetal, Frostpelt and Nightblossom guarded the nursery. Before the patrol could go, the badger entered camp. It's beady black eyes glowing in the moonlight. "Defend the kits, queens and elders!" Spat Moonclaw. Violetpaw and Stormshade grabbed the herbs they would need and set off. Mousefoot screeched in pain as the badger bit him. Nightblossom licking him fiercely as she guided him to the medicine cats' den. Morningpaw was bravely fighting the badger alongside her mentor Blizzardtail. Silverwhisker raked her claws across it's face. It staggered blindly. Crowtail dug his claws into it's fur, the badger wailed then headed towards the trees, leaving tufts of fur in Crowtail's claws. Moonclaw nodded gratefully at Crowtail. "WinterClan is my home now." He mewed. Two cats wailed from outside the nursery. "Petalpaw and Gorsepaw are badly injured!!" Snowpetal and Frostpelt wailed. Petalpaw's dilute calico pelt had scratch marks and a bite on her shoulder. Gorsepaw had a bite on her flank and huge claw marks almost everywhere except her face. Violetpaw and Stormshade ran to them. They gasped. "Get marigold and cobwebs!" Stormshade hissed to Violetpaw. Violetpaw swiftly nodded. Daisypaw, Arcticpaw, Softpaw stared at Petalpaw beside Snowpetal and Birchfur. Frostpelt and Moonclaw stood frozen beside Bramblepaw, Loonpaw and Dewpaw. "Why were they fighting?!" Snapped Iciclestar at their mentors Lilyfrost and Grayfur, they stared at their paws. Lilyfrost looked troubled. "I didn't tell Petalpaw to fight." Lilyfrost mewed as she buried her muzzle in Petalpaw's fur. She looked up hopefully. "She's alive!" Petalpaw opened her eyes. Gorsepaw lay still. "Gorsepaw's barely breathing!" Wailed Frostpelt. Petalpaw looked at Gorsepaw, horror in her eyes.  Gorsepaw took a rasping breath. "Water!" Yowled Violetpaw. Gorsepaw lapped at it. But her eyes were glazed from pain. Petalpaw pressed close to Gorsepaw, her fur was bloody but Gorsepaw relaxed, her eyes closing. "No!" Sobbed Frostpelt, her eyes filled with grief and loss. "She's not dead yet." Petalpaw managed to whisper. Gorsepaw let out a quiet sigh as she fell asleep. 

Two moons after Petalpaw was Petalsplash and Gorsepaw luckily survived and is Gorsestripe. Silverwhisker thought about Crystalkit. What would her warrior name be if she was still alive?      Silverwhisker's second litter, Coralkit and Fawnkit were playing outside. "I'm the WinterClan warrior and you're the SpringClan warrior!" Squeaked Coralkit. Fawnkit shook her head and stared at the clouds. "Can I be a medicine cat instead?" She squealed. Coralkit shook her head. "No. I need someone to fight." She mewled. Fawnkit's amber eyes were filled with disappointment. "I like healing cats not hurting them." Coralkit rolled her green eyes. "All cats dream of being a warrior." She squeaked. "Not all cats, Coralkit. Be happy for your sister. You might not see each other as often but she can be a medicine cat if she likes." Chided Silverwhisker gently. Coralkit's ginger and silver fur bristled. "I wish she chose me instead of healing!" She scraped the ground in disappointment. Fawnkit pressed against Silverwhisker. "I wish I could be like Coralkit, brave and confident. But I'm nervous and quiet!" Her light silver tabby fur was fluffed out. Silverwhisker was young to have her second litter but was patient and kind.