Chapter 18 (Journey Back To The Clans)

Raindrop was unusually close to Rocky. His ginger pelt pressing against her's. Mapledawn's green eyes were filled with wonder. "What is between them?" Joked Shadestripe. Amberwillow nudged him. Love flooded her green gaze. Mapledawn rolled her eyes. "Just like you and Amberwillow."  Purred Snowpetal. "So?" Frostpelt grumbled. Honeykit looked happy. "Raindrop and Rocky are in love!" She squealed. Fire and Spark looked upset. "What about our mother?!" Spark challenged Rocky.  Rocky suddenly broke away from Raindrop. "I'm sorry, Raindrop. My kits are right, I can't just abandon Feather." Raindrop's eyes were filled with tears. "It's for the best." She mewed, Dandilionpaw couldn't resist hearing heartbreak in her sad voice. Flowerpaw broke free of Rivershine and Seedspring and bounded towards Raindrop. "Rocky might not be the one for you, but I'm sure you can find another." Flowerpaw mewed sympathetically. Raindrop nodded. "B-But-- I w-was so sure--- me and R-Rocky could b-be together-." Sobbed  Raindrop. "That I could have his kits..." Flowerpaw cast an angry glace towards Rocky, who looked away.  Then a portal appeared. "Our way home!" Wept Frostpelt. Snowpetal pressed against her sister comfortingly. "Let's go!" Squealed Hollykit. Mintkit darted though quickly followed by Rocky and his kits. In a couple of moments, they were home.