Chapter 21 (Raindrop's hope)

"Raindrop, can I have a mouse?" Asked Sparkkit. Raindrop looked at Rockywind. "I guess." She mewed. Will Rockywind ever love me?  She thought. Am I good enough? Raindrop felt tears rolling down her cheeks. "Are you alright?" A gentle mew came from behind her. Lightfern, a small brown tabby queen was curled up with her kits, Deerkit and Echokit until she got up and padded to Raindrop's side. "You aren't fully accepted are you?" She asked. "No." Mewed Raindrop. "I know how you feel, Eaglespots is my mother, she took me here when I was a kit and I was never really accepted until Antfur asked me to be his mate. And look at me now, I have a great life, I have two kits, a mate and the protection of a Clan with me." Lightfern mewed reassuringly. "Yeah. I just really like Rockywind, but ever since Feather died, he never really has liked me." Responded Raindrop sadly. Lightfern's eyes were sympathetic. "Is Ashclaw bothering you? He isn't very welcoming is he?" Asked Lightfern. "It's not that.." Raindrop trailed off. Rockywind entered the nursery. "Raindrop, would you like to hunt with me?"  Asked Rockywind. "Yes please!" Raindrop mewed as she stretched. "Thanks!" She purred to Lightfern. "Your welcome." Lightfern purred back.