Chapter 29 (Seedspring's Promise)

Seedspring felt pride fill his gaze as Flowerbreeze got her ceremony. Flowerbreeze touched her nose to his. "Thank you for being the best mentor." She purred, her amber eyes glowed. "I wonder how the others are doing." Murmured Flowerbreeze. Seedspring nodded, not knowing what to say. Cherryleaf and Shinefeather stood beside their parents, Palewing and Owlfeather. Seedspring's brother, Reedclaw and his sister Skyheart never payed any attention to him. Flowerbreeze is so lucky to have such a caring family. Seedspring's own mother had died when he was a kit and his father ignored him and Seedspring's littermates ever since and now has a new mate and kits. "What's wrong Seedspring?" Asked Flowerbreeze. "N-nothing" Mewed Seedspring quickly. "Willowsplash, the first SummerClan medicine cat gave me a prophecy, a shining star at night shines so bright, if you follow it til' the gate, an adventure will await, crystal clear, all you need to know is here. The flame of the fire will be put out, the echo will sound without a doubt, Icicles will melt in the light of day if you don't come to show the way." Mewed Flowerbreeze. "Do you know what it means?" She added, her amber eyes filled with worry. "Flamekit, Firekit, Echokit and Iciclestar?" Echoed Flowerbreeze as Seedspring had told her. "Iciclestar will die?" Whimpered Flowerbreeze, fear rising along her pelt. "I guess you could say that." Mumbled Seedspring. "We have to warn WinterClan!" Declared Flowerbreeze. "But they are our rivals!" Mewed Seedspring. "But Iciclestar will die!" Wailed Flowerbreeze. "I know that I said that, but we don't know that Iciclestar  will die." Protested Seedspring. "I'm sorry StarClan, just this once, I will make a promise to help the other Clans in need." Whispered Seedspring. "But I don't think Petalstar will approve of us going to WinterClan." Flowerbreeze. Seedspring lifted his head and prayed to StarClan Petalstar would agree with them.