Chapter 24 (Snowpetal's heart)

"So you and Moonclaw are mates now?" Asked Snowpetal, amusement lit her kind green eyes. "Yes." Mewed Frostpelt, embarrassment in her mew. "I'm so happy for you!" Purred Snowpetal. "I don't want kits, but Stormshade said I'm moving to the nursery in a few weeks." Growled Frostpelt. "Moonclaw's overjoyed." She added, "Kits? That's great news! The nursery is empty!" Mewed Snowpetal happily. "I DON'T WANT KITS!" Wailed Frostpelt. "It will ruin my time as a warrior!" Snowpetal licked Frostpelt's ear. "It's okay. I'll be here for you." Mewed Snowpetal gently. Moonclaw entered the warriors' den. "Frostpelt, I want you to move to the nursery today!" He mewed. "No!" Hissed Frostpelt. Moonclaw rolled his eyes. "Snowpetal, can you try and convince her?" Asked Moonclaw. Snowpetal nodded. "Thanks!" Purred Moonclaw. He made his way out of the warriors' den to organise patrols. "Frostpelt, it might be the best if you go into the nursery today, many queens have lost their kits due to they came early." Mewed Snowpetal softly. Frostpelt rolled her eyes. "I never wanted kits! I should have never taken a mate!" She snapped. "It's for the best." Mewed Snowpetal. Snowpetal pushed Frostpelt into the nursery. "Then, I won't see you!" Wailed Frostpelt.  "I know." Snowpetal felt sadness in her own mew. Frostpelt gasped with pain and fell into a crouch. "Stormshade! Moonclaw!" Wailed Snowpetal. "Frostpelt is having her kits!" Stormshade and Moonclaw appeared at once. Moonclaw was licking Frostpelt between the ears while Stormshade pressed a paw against Frostpelt's belly. Frostpelt moaned. "I'll get her a stick!" Mewed Snowpetal. Moonclaw flashed her a grateful glance. Cloudstorm, who became an elder a couple of moons ago came inside. "Iceshine told me you're having kits, my precious." Rasped Cloudstorm. "Is it suppose to hurt this much?" Wailed Frostpelt. Snowpetal entered carrying a stick in her jaws. "Here!" She mewed as she dropped it. Frostpelt shuddered and picked it up. "The first kit is here!" Purred Stormshade. "A tom!" Stormshade placed it to Frostpelt's belly. Another spam shuddered Frostpelt's body. "A she-kit!" Purred Stormshade. Frostpelt's eyes started to close. "Stay awake Frostpelt!" Hissed Stormshade. "A she-kit! And another she-kit!" Mewed Stormshade as she placed a paw to Frostpelt's belly. "What should we name them?" Asked Frostpelt sleepily. "Snowpetal should name one." Mewed Moonclaw. "How about Dewkit?" Asked Snowpetal. "Perfect!" Yawned Frostpelt.  "The tom should be Gorsekit, the oldest she-kit should be Loonkit and the youngest will be Bramblekit." Decided Moonclaw. "Great." Purred Frostpelt. Even Snowpetal, Cloudstorm and Moonclaw knew Frostpelt was now asleep.