Chapter 7 (The Graveyard Of Despair)

Honeykit coughed. "I'm worried she's got greencough or something." Meowed Amberwillow her eyes wide with worry. Honeykit looked up at her mother. "I can't be sick!" She wailed. "You could be." Replied Amberwillow as she pressed closer to Shadestripe who gave her a comforting lick. "I'm really scared." Added Amberwillow as she looked at her coughing kit. Mintkit stared at her mother. "Is it contagious?" Whispered Mintkit. Hollykit and Flamekit backed away from Honeykit. "Will she need herbs?" Wondered Flamekit and Amberwillow turned away. "It may be the case." She mewed darkly. Honeykit was curled up in a mossy bed and yawned. "Can I come to the next realm?" Mewed Honeykit looking excited. "No, you could be sick!" Responded Amberwillow."Please? I'll be good for the rest of the trip!" Complained Honeykit. "No! If your sick I don't want to risk your life?" Hissed Amberwillow. "Dear, calm down." Mewed Shadestripe as he pressed against her. "But, Amberwillow's right." He added. "Which Clan are we going to be in?" Wondered Hollykit. "We haven't decided-" Began Amberwillow. "You'll be in SpringClan." Interrupted Shadestripe. "You'd really do that for me?" Purred Amberwillow as she pressed against his side. "Of course!" He stepped back, looking surprised. Amberwillow smiled. Flamekit darted across where there was a cliff. "Flamekit!" Wailed Amberwillow. Shadestripe ran after him and grabbed him just as he was about to fall. Amberwillow thrust her way to her son's side. "I thought I'd lose you!" Sobbed Amberwillow. "I just wanted a peek!" Complained Flamekit. "Stay near me, Shadestripe or the other cats on the expedition." Growled Amberwillow. Mapledawn couldn't help but realize that Amberwillow looked angry. "What's wrong?" She asked. "Leave me alone!..." Snapped Amberwillow. "...Sorry, I'm fine." Amberwillow took a breath. "Your mentor killed my father." She added silently. "You mean Ashclaw?" Asked Mapledawn. "Yes!" Amberwillow hissed. "It's not my fault that happened, I wasn't even born!" Snarled Mapledawn. "You have a point but he's your mentor." Pointed out Amberwillow. Shadestripe stared at his paws. "Have you come to laugh at me too?" Amberwillow hissed at Shadestripe. "No." He meowed. "Amberwillow, I never told you that Mapledawn's my-" Began Shadestripe. "Snowpetal, Dandilionpaw, Seedspring and Frostpelt disappeared!" Wailed Rivershine."How did we not notice?" Honeykit coughed and looked ill. "I don't feel very good." She whispered. "I think she has greencough." Whispered Rivershine. Amberwillow's eyes widened. "The graveyard!" She whispered. "You think they got taken?" Wondered Mapledawn. "Maybe." Replied Shadestripe. "They probably did!" Exclaimed Amberwillow, her pale green eyes were wide. Suddenly, a message appeared on the wall. "If you wish to see your friends ever again, you must pass the graveyard test and rest unharmed." Echoed Rivershine. "We have to save them!" Cried Mapledawn. Amberwillow nodded, "But what about these four?" Asked Amberwillow. "I could stay with them." Offered Rivershine. "Thank you." Breathed Amberwillow. Mapledawn and the rest of the group besides the kits and Rivershine charged up and stopped at a cliff. "Look!" Whispered Shadestripe as he pointed his nose at the dungeon with Dandilionpaw, Snowpetal, Frostpelt and Seedspring.