Chapter 12 (The Fight For Survival)

"Three, two, one, fight!" Cried the ghost leader.  Amberwillow charged and hit a ghost with her water claws. "They die when water hits them!" Called Raindrop. Snowpetal and Frostpelt beat a tom and sent him fleeing for his life. A wail came from farther up the river. "Mapledawn and the kits!" Wailed Rivershine. Rocky was already running towards them. "Spark, Fire! I'm coming! He growled. "No ghost will touch my kits!" Screeched Amberwillow. With Rocky and Amberwillow running to the kits, Shadestripe, Seedspring, Rivershine, Raindrop and Dandilionpaw where defending. The golden leaf was held by the ghost leader, Strike. Strike's claws were long and deadly, but even he was no match for Shadestripe. "No cat gets away with harming my kits!" He snapped. Rivershine batted Strike with a paw. "I won't let any cat touch the kits!" Hissed Rivershine. Dandilionpaw and Seedspring were cornered. There were four ghosts surrounding them in each direction. Suddenly, Dandilionpaw ran free and with claws outstretched, she raked her claws along Strike's neck. With a mewl of defeat, the ghosts disappeared and Snowpetal leaped into the air and grabbed the golden leaf. "We did it!" Purred Rivershine as she cuffed Dandilionpaw's ear with her paw. Rocky and his kits looked horrified. "From now on I am not leaving their side!" Rocky declared.