Chapter 34 ( Petalkit's Destiny )

Petalkit snuggled into Snowpetal's fur. Her littermates, Arctickit, Daisykit and Softkit beside her. Frostpelt's four kits played. Petalkit felt Snowpetal's tongue gently lap at her soft dilute calico fur.  Petalkit let out a quiet squeak. Arcickit mewled in annoyance as Petalkit accidentally batted him in the flank with her paw. Dewkit let out a loud wail. "Be quiet Dewkit!" Snapped Frostpelt. Dewkit flattened her ears. "Go back to bed! You're disturbing Snowpetal!" Hissed Frostpelt. Nightblossom yawned. Hailkit, Brackenkit and Blossomkit shifted at her belly. Lilyfrost's newborn kits : Goldenkit, Minnowkit and Mistykit were already awake. Petalkit purred as Birchfur moved his white tabby tail out of her grasp. "Hey!" She purred. Birchfur lifted her by the scruff. "I have to go on a patrol soon. You can play with Frostpelt's kits." Birchfur meowed. His eyes gazed at the medicine cats' den for a while. "What's wrong?" Petalkit gazed at him. "Your mother has whitecough. Same with Frostpelt. I hope they're okay." Birchfur sighed. "NOOOOOO!!!" Cried some cat from the medicine cat's den. Birchfur and Moonclaw rushed over. "Are they okay?!?" Both tom's asked. "I forgot a raspberry leaf at the apprentices' den!!" Wailed a kit. "Fawnkit!" Birchfur sighed. Moonclaw grumbled. "I'm going back to sleep." He mewed lazily, "You made it sound like they died." Birchfur meowed. "They did die!!" Fawnkit gasped. Moonclaw and Birchfur froze. "My leaf died!" Fawnkit wailed. "Silly Fawnkit!" Violetpaw scolded. "DEATH DEATH!!!! A prophecy! About a leaf! It died! We will all die and be leaves!!!" Fawnkit sobbed. "I think she hit her head on a rock." Violetpaw murmured. "Come on." "MY BRAINS!!!! THEY DIED!!! WE WILL ALL BE DEAD AND I WILL BE A BRAIN!!!!" Fawnkit gasped. "DIE DIE DIE!!!"