Chapter 30 (Shadestripe's path)

"Look at me!" Cried Honeykit as she slid down a small snow hill. "Cool!" Purred Shadestripe. Amberwillow had been out on patrol so she had asked Shadestripe's sister Mapledawn to watch the kits.  Mapledawn winced as Cloverkit and Birdkit climbed over her. Rockywind stood in silence as he watched Sparkpaw and Firepaw train. Raindrop looked over from the nursery. Her belly heavy with Rockywind's kits. Amberwillow slid into the nursery and Honeykit ran to meet her. "Shadestripe, Sparkpaw, Dovefeather, Ashclaw, Antfur, Amberwillow and Dustclaw will come with me to the gathering!" Announced Leafstar. The cats she named started to follow their leader to the exit of camp. "This is so exciting!" Mewed Sparkpaw. "My first gathering!" Ashclaw licked her between the ears. "It's always exciting." Murmured Ashclaw. Dovefeather's eyes flashed with amusement, and Shadestripe knew she was Ashclaw's sister. "So you finally found the one." Purred Dovefeather. "That's great for you Ashclaw! I can't wait to see tiny paws in the nursery!" "Shh!" Hissed Leafstar. "I can see WinterClan and SummerClan already there!" SpringClan entered the area with the other Clans just in time.  "I'll do my report first if you don't mind Leafstar." Mewed Iciclestar. "I don't mind." Muttered Leafstar. "Frostpelt has four kits! Their names are Loonkit, Gorsekit, Bramblekit and Dewkit!" Began Iciclestar. All the Clans cheered with approval of the kits and Moonclaw's eyes glowed. "He's the father? Right?" Asked Amberwillow with her tail flicking towards Moonclaw. "I bet." Responded Shadestripe. "Snowpetal also had kits! Their names are Petalkit, Arctickit, Daisykit and Softkit!" Added Iciclestar. The Clans cheered again and Birchfur's eyes were filled with pride. Iciclestar nodded at Petalstar. "We have two new warriors: Dandeliontuft and Roseheart, we also have two new apprentices also: Cloudpaw and Mosspaw!" Petalstar mewed as she ended her report. "We have three new warriors: Flowerbreeze, Shinefeather and Cherryleaf! And Reedclaw has moved to the elders den." Mewed Berrystar. Leafstar flashed Sparkpaw a look to be silent and Sparkpaw dropped her gaze and Leafstar began. "We have two new apprentices: Sparkpaw and Firepaw. Mapledawn has three kits, their names are Cloverkit, Birdkit and Squirrelkit and some cat tried to poison Flamekit." Her gaze swooped over the Clans, most of them held her gaze innocently but a few stared at their paws. Leafstar gave a growl as she continued. "But luckily, our medicine cat could fix him." "WAIT!" Yowled a cat. "Seedspring?" Gasped Amberwillow. "What is he doing?" Seedspring stood up, beckoning a graceful yellow tabby to come with him. "What is the meaning of this?" Hissed Leafstar. Berrystar looked deeply disappointed. "Me and Flowerbreeze had a dream: A shining star at night shines so bright, if you follow it til' the gate, an adventure will await, sparks falling from ashes , crystal clear, all you need to know is here. The flame of the fire will be put out, the echo will sound without a doubt, Icicles will melt in the light of day if you don't come to show the way." Mewed Seedspring. Flowerbreeze nodded. "The SummerClan medicine cat had it too." Mewed Flowerbreeze. "We know what it means! The star stands for a leader, Sparkpaw and Ashclaw will fall, Flamekit and Firepaw will drown, Echokit will try to bring them back, Iciclestar will lose her last two lives if Clans don't join together to fight." Mewed Seedspring. "If we don't, those cats will die."  Added Flowerbreeze. Many gasps were heard, even the leaders looked worried. "Flamekit will die." Wailed Amberwillow. Shadestripe pressed against her side. "They could be wrong." He tried to reassure her. "But the medicine cat had it too!" Wept Amberwillow.   "We must do something!" Announced Berrystar. "The Clans must join together!"