Chapter 3 (The Cavern Of Regret)

"Shadestripe! Get off me! I'm trying to sleep!" Complained Amberwillow as she pushed him off. "Sorry." Shadestripe meowed as he shook out his pelt. "You should be!" Amberwillow sighed as she rolled over and yawned. "Snowpetal, look a rogue." Mewed Frostpelt as Rivershine came back from a hunt. The rogue approached them and mewed. "Get off my territory! Find your own scraps!" "Sorry." Mewed Amberwillow sarcastically. "What is your name anyway?" "I'm Rocky." Said the rogue his tone getting softer. "I'm Amberwillow and these are my friends. Will you tell us where to find the cavern of regret?" Replied Amberwillow. Rocky gasped. "The cavern of regret?" He shivered when he repeated what Amberwillow had told him. "What's wrong?" Asked Rivershine. "The cavern of regret sacrifices one cat after it each visit." Whispered Rocky. "Rocky?" Called a voice near the hollow. "What is it Feather?" Demanded Rocky. Feather's light ginger pelt was only just visible in the moonlight. Two kits were huddled at her side. "Everyone, this is Fire and Spark.. My kits." Mewed Rocky as he sniffed each one. "Feather, visitors have come. They want to find the cavern of regret." He added softly. Fire's ginger fur was fluffed out in the wind while Spark's yellow fur was glued to Feather's. "My father, Wind tried going into the cavern of regret and a few moons later he never came out, but the rest of his friends did. One cat is sacrificed after each visit and you will be granted one out of seven golden leaves from each dimension and when you collect all seven you can be unstoppable."

Quivered Feather. "My father had a prophecy." "Ice will fall from icicles, Petals will form on flowers, Berries will be ripe and leafs will fall from the autumn trees." "Wait! Icicles for Iciclestar, Petals for Petalstar, Berries for Berrystar and Leafs for Leafstar!" Remarked Dandilionpaw. "You're right!" Agreed Snowpetal. "Feather, do you know how to get to the cavern of regret?" Wondered Shadestripe. "No, I do not." Mewed Feather. Rocky glanced at her. "I know. I'll lead them there. It's not too far away." Responded Rocky. Rocky led them up a river and stopped at a cave in the mountains. "Here it is." He mewed. Rocky scampered away and left them alone. "Look! A golden leaf!" Cried Flowerpaw. Amberwillow grabbed the leaf and stepped out. "I've got it!" She meowed triumphantly. When Flowerpaw came out she stood still and fell to the ground. "Flowerpaw!" Wailed Seedspring. Amberwillow put her paw to Flowerpaw's chest. "She's not breathing!" Amberwillow panted. Frostpelt turned to Snowpetal. "She was the cat who was sacrificed." Mewed Frostpelt. Dandilionpaw nodded. "She was only an apprentice!" Wept Seedspring. He looked at Amberwillow. "It was all your fault!" He spat at her. "It was not my choice for her to die!" Snapped Amberwillow as she was chin to chin with Seedspring. "If it was anyone's fault it's yours! You brought her here in the first place!" Growled Amberwillow. "Your right. I'm sorry." Sighed Seedspring, looking regretful. "Hey, at least we got one out of seven golden leaves." Mewed Frostpelt. "It was too high of a price." Replied Seedspring. "You will be in our hearts forever Flowerpaw, always." Breathed Shadestripe.