21| P R E T E N D

IT WAS PRETEND, thought Ariellé over and over again.Just pretend.The only thing that matters is knowing the truth.

AN HOUR EARLIER...

ARIELLÉ GROANED, TURNING round in her bed, despisingly.One of the perks of being the favourite ministry official of Jake Dawlish.

He was annoying.Anyone could admit it.Everyday he'd irritate her to come round for dinner.She couldn't say no.But couldn't say yes.So she'd say,"I'm busy, Jake.So sorry, Alexander wants me to fill forms..."

One night.Which was last night, she said yes.They needed to get the stones as quickly as possible, and it was already December.
She couldn't remember anything from last night...except...

"Imperio."smirked Jake Dawlish.Arielle gasped, her eyes rolling in her head, the next thing she knew, was being pushed in a bed.Arielle glared at herself, turning round to face Jake Dawlish.

"You bitch!"she sneered, and he stared.Arielle, somehow, apparated.

Funnily enough,an address had been stalking her since last week, and that's what she thought of.London, Alexander Avenue, Number 33.

She arrived in an apartment, big, and homey.Arielle tiptoed, then paused, hearing light screechs, from an owl.Before walking into a room, she weir on a small piece of paper.

Meet me at the Ministry.Five minutes-Ariellé.L

"Send this to Clarissa Middleton."she said shortly, the owl, weirdly enough, looked hi stater, then flew to the other room, she frowned, and heard a melodic laugh.

Clarissa's.

TEN MINUTES

ARIELLÉ GLARED DOWN at the floor, her feet tapping against the marble, then a voice said, tiredly,

"Im so sorry–I mean, I needed to find out where the time turners where, right, and I couldn't fail—"
"Lily."

Said Ariellé sharply, then quickly corrected herself,"Clarissa."Clarissa looked at her friend, worried.
"We're naive."
"I know, I know.Im so sorry!"repeated Clarissa then Ariellé glared,

"Quit saying sorry.Im not talking about that.Were naive.Why'd you think they chose us to do this?They could've chosen Nat, Pepper, Clint—anyone, Lily!"whispered Ariellé, eyes swimming with tears.
Clarissa blinked, adjusting her name being said out loud.

"They thought we were naive.Why'd you think they made us Minister's Assistant?We could've  just asked.Or said,'remind me where the Time Turners are.'—"

"Maybe they didn't mean to think th—"

"Do you think they are stupid?"asked Ariellé bluntly.Clarissa stared."It's a question that requires an answer, Lily."

"No—"
"Exactly.Then they would've thought before making us assistants too the Minister.Do you think they made us the Minister's Assistants without thinking we could ask him?No.They knew.The Avengers aren't idiots.They tested us."spat Ariellé, eyes continuing to swim with tears.

-----
Sorry I didn't update earlier this week.though if u read the last chapter you would've known that once a week updates come now.

I wanted to update earlier, but the chapter wasn't ready, I wanted to update earlier because I wanted to say this:
R.I.P Cameron Boyce :(

We will miss him :((((.
Also, Ffh (far from home) was amazing, best thing.
Next week updates will come on the weekend or Friday because I have no time to draft next weeks chapter tomorrow because ppl r coming over.Sunday I have an exam, don't ask, lmao.

Monday I guess I'm free so yay.Tuesday I'm going to Wildlife Park, for a school trip, Wednesday I have Sports Day and going to Waltham, Thursday club, Friday going to Healing.

Guess where I'm going on holiday?WRONG.
France again. :))