Episode 2

It is very tempting to feel less about ourselves. We have Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or other social media platforms to remind us how much distance we have from the current standards of the world. Having compared ourselves with what the social media platforms have fed us, we have the tendency to boast ourselves up or drag our self-esteem down.

Unfortunately, most of the time we choose the latter, we choose to degrade the image of ourselves to the point of being uncomfortable when people genuinely and sincerely affirm us. According to a research study published in Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, it is when we have a very low self esteem that we find it hard to embrace recognitions from others.

In today's gospel (Matthew 9:9-13), we are reminded of the episode wherein Jesus invited Matthew, a tax-collector, who perhaps had a broken sense of self image, to follow Him. Jesus' invitation to Matthew did not happen in a holy place but in a sinful one. In the same manner, despite the clutters in our hearts, we are reminded that no amount of sin and no dreadful condition can ever extinguish the gentle invitation of Jesus to enter into a loving communion with Him.

Jesus loves us so much that wherever we may go, He will still go after us. Amen.

TGIFY-Reflection #2
(Thank God It's Fri Yey!)
July 5, 2019