Episode 10

"Mar, wala na si Lola (Mar, grandma is gone)." When I received this text message, my world stopped. I can only recall how kind and patient my grandma was with me. In that state of shock, the "would haves", "could haves", and "should haves" began popping in my head.

Regret is defined as sorrow aroused by circumstances beyond one's control or power to repair. Humans as we are, we want to fix the past, and we want to reconstruct a happy ending though we know that unhappy ending is also very possible.

In today's gospel (Mt. 25:1-13), we witness the unhappy ending of the five foolish virgins. These foolish virgins knew that the bridegroom will come but despite that fact, they did not prepare oil for their lamps. As a consequence, they were not able to unite with the bridegroom. In the same manner, we know that our time on earth will soon end but do we prepare the oil of thanksgiving, forgiveness, and love? Or do we let the moment pass regretful of the things we were not able to do? We still have time, we can still live to the fullest. May we light our lamps well ever ready to welcome the return of the Lord. Amen.

TGIFY-Reflection #10
(Thank God It's Fri Yey!)
August 30, 2019

Fridays with Jesusजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें