Episode 41

There were three men who died due to COVID-19; a painter, a musician, and a nurse. When the three men went to heaven, God was so delighted to see them. Then God spoke to them, "My sons, I will give you a room here in heaven! I hope you will enjoy it." To the painter, God said, "My son, since all your life you used all the proceeds of your art exhibits to help the poor, I will give you a room filled with all the artistic materials beyond your imagination." Then to the musician, God said, "My son, because you always offer the proceeds of your concerts to the poor and help people fight their sadness through music, I will give you a room filled heavenly studio and angelic backup singers." Having realized that the room given by God was according to one's passion, the nurse asked God, "Father God, will you still give me a room even if I don't have any obvious talent and passion?" "My son, look, I will give you a room. Since you were always there for the sick and the dying, I would like to give you a room where I will stay with you forever."

Many a times we are disillusioned. We think that the only people who matter in this world are the philanthropists, experts, and celebrities. We feel that our existence is insignificant because it appears that our efforts do not have a wide-scale effect. However, in reality, there is always a special place for you and for me by which no one can take away.

In today's gospel (Jn. 14:1-6), we find Jesus who told His disciples, "In my Father's house there are many dwelling places. If there were not, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?" These words of Jesus direct us to a three-point reflection. First, no matter how populated we may be in this world, the rooms in heaven are more than enough to cater us. Second, no matter how unworthy we think we are, there will always be a glorified place for us. Third, God values us overabundantly to the point that He will prepare our heaven even while we are still on earth. May everyone of us remember to value oneself the way God values us. Amen.

TGIFY-Reflection #41
(Thank God It's Fri Yey!)
May 8, 2020