Episode 12

In the hustle and bustle of the city, there lived a teenage guy who got infatuated with a teenage gal who happened to be his classmate. The guy tried his best to impress the gal from giving flowers down to the most romantic love letters. With the guys effort, the girl was almost drawn to the young man until this happened.

One afternoon, when the teacher gave the class a 20-item quiz in mathematics the all-out guy unfortunately scored zero while the girl scored one. Knowing the score of the guy, the girl boastfully mocked the guy and told him how stupid he was. The young lady even continued to shout ridicule saying, "Stupid zero boy! Stupid zero boy!"

On the story above, we can reflect that even though the girl felt proud of her one point score over the guy's zero, it did not change the reality that she also failed in the quiz. In the same vein, even though we sometimes think that others are more sinful than us but the truth is we also fail in the standard of God. Even the gospel for today (Lk. 6:39-42), speaks of loudly of this when Jesus rebuked the Pharisees with these words, "You want to remove the splinter in your brother's eyes but have forgotten to remove the plank in your own eyes." This particular message of Jesus reminds us of our status that before God we can never boast.

May the Good Lord who makes the heart of stone into a heart of flesh remove the pride that lingers in our hearts. Amen.

TGIFY-Reflection #12
(Thank God It's Fri Yey!)
September 13, 2019

Fridays with JesusOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara