Episode 18

One of the latest buzz in the news in the year 2019 is the death of the German designer Karl Lagerfeld who was the creative director of two luxurious brands Chanel and Fendi and who left $200 million fortune for his cat Choupette. In this scenario, it would turn out that Lagerfeld's cat Choupette is many times richer than 736 million people in extreme poverty, abundantly filled than those 25,000 people who die everyday out of starvation, and far more secured than 150 million homeless people.

Our society today appears to have misplaced its concerns. We exert effort in businesses but forget to develop good values. We erect spectacular buildings but ignore sound human relationships. And we center ourselves on fame but neglect to boldly share the kindness of God to all people.

In our gospel episode (Lk 12:54-59), we can see the dismay of Jesus on the crowds when He said, "You understand the signs of the earth and sky but you don't understand the present times." Jesus was simply disappointed not so much on the people's lack of mental capacity but on their priority to choose the trivial matter over the essential one. But just like the people in the time of Jesus, we also tend to have these misfit judgments in our life. May we let God transform our priorities be aligned with His. Amen.

TGIFY-Reflection #18
(Thank God It's Fri Yey!)
October 25, 2019