Episode 16

In the very busy city of Manila, there was a lady from the province who got victimized by a snatcher. The snatcher took the bag of the lady and the lady cannot anymore afford the transportation back home. In disgust, the lady wailed at the side of the street hoping that somebody might give her 200 pesos enough to pay for her ride back home. Due to the disturbing cry, an old traffic officer approached the lady and asked what happened, then the lady narrated what had happened to her. Out of charity, the traffic officer offered the lady 100 pesos, the only money he got from his pocket, but the lady refused because her bias tells her not to accept money from corruption.

Many a times we are tangled with the same situation of the officer. We do good but for others our efforts are never enough. We help people but sometimes they do not accept our merciful gesture. Or worse, people belittle us as if we are doomed that we are incapable of goodness.

Today's gospel is the same (Lk. 11: 15-26). Despite the many good things Jesus gave the people of His time, the Pharisees put these kind acts into bad light by saying that the power of Jesus comes from evil. But as we look closely on the text, we can see that our Lord continued doing good no matter how hard the opposition is. In the same vein, no matter how difficult it is, may we strive to imitate Jesus' perseverance in doing good. After all, kindness is what we are made of since we come from a very merciful God. Amen.

TGIFY-Reflection #16
(Thank God It's Fri Yey!)
October 11, 2019