Episode 35

There was a young boy who belonged to a unique set of family. The boy's father was indecisive and negligent while his mother was a psychotic. The boy's childhood was filled with violence and trauma. Among the many forms of abuses the boy endured, there were times that he would spent hours inside the comfort room being suffocated with chlorine. Sometimes, he will just be beaten or stabbed like an it. Commonly, the boy was starved to death by his parents. Despite the depressing experiences, the boy neither died nor wanted to die. Surprisingly, after three decades, he became a great author and motivational speaker.

Many will ask how the boy survived or the reason why he survived the catastrophic events in his life. Certainly, there are many details and reasons behind the boy's success. However, in the common parlance, one can simply say that the time of the boy had not yet come.

In today's gospel (Jn. 7:1-2,10,25-30), we see Jesus announce that He came from the Father and was also sent by the Father. The reaction of the people was intense. They would like to arrest Jesus or even kill Him but the people were not able to carry out their plan because Jesus' time had not yet come. Take note. No harm was inflicted on Jesus because it was not yet time for Him to offer himself on the cross. Thus, we can say that God takes precedence over all our afflictions and no amount of time and circumstances can outweigh the plan of God for us. May we trust God's timing all the more in this trying times. Amen.

TGIFY-Reflection #35
(Thank God It's Fri Yey!)
March 27, 2020