Episode 11

Once upon a time, a young boy together with his mom was going home from the mall. The young boy felt hungry and asked his mother for something to eat. So the mother handed him a bag of cookies from the groceries they bought. Unfortunately, when the young boy opened the bag of cookies, some cookies fell on the ground. The young boy bent down to pick up the cookies which fell on the ground but the the boy's mother halted him and said, "No! That's already dirty my son! Don't pick it up. Let's just buy a new one." From that day on the young boy promised not to pick anything that will fall on the ground.

Then one day, the young boy noticed that the time is very late for lunch yet his mother was not yet home to cook the food. So the young boy went out of the house and people reported, "Your mother fell in the canal! Come let us help her out." Then the boy responded, "Let mom stay there, she is already dirty."

In today's gospel (Luke 5:33-39), when Jesus said the parable "New wine must be put in fresh wine skins" he is not referring to change the dirty things like the boy's cookies. Rather, Jesus reminded the people of his time to change anew their understanding of God and at the same time change their ways to truly receive God in their lives. May we be able to change our perspective from punishing God to a loving Father that we may appreciate the noble reason why we follow Him. Amen.

TGIFY-Reflection #11
(Thank God It's Fri Yey!)
September 6, 2019