Episode 26

Once upon a time, there were three men who were vying to win the heart of the most beautiful woman in their region: a businessman, a famous car racer, and a convenience store crew. First, the businessman gave the fine lady mansions and many jewelries but the lady rejected the gentleman's gifts. Second, the famous car racer gave the lady a ride in the racing circuit with matching balloons and roses; but just the same the lady rejected him. Third, the convenience store crew simply gave 16 pieces of chicken nuggets to the dainty maiden. Surprisingly, not only did the adorable lady accept the gift with all her smile but eventually decided to tie the knot with him.

Everyday, we make a lot of choices. From the time our alarm rings in the morning, we decide whether to press the snooze button or immediately get up. We are torn with the many decisions of the day like what milktea to buy or what food to eat. Oftentimes, the decisions we make are based on the the most convenient, the tastiest, the most durable, the most fashionable, the cleanest, and the like.

However, in today's gospel (Mark 3:13-19), we see Jesus defy the current standards of the world. Instead of choosing rich, famous, and brilliant men, Jesus chose the weak, miserable, ambitious, sinful, uneducated, doubtful, and even traitor to follow Him. Jesus' choice of disciples seems to be unthinkable because even institutions would only hire those who are already capable and apt for the specific work. But looking at it closely, God loves to hone our potentials. He qualifies whom he calls. He makes sinner shepherd sinner. May we understand that no amount of unworthiness will ever stop Jesus to qualify us. Amen.

TGIFY-Reflection #26
(Thank God It's Fri Yey!)
January 24, 2020