Episode 8

According to the recent survey of the United Nations, the countries that have the highest divorce rate per 1,000 inhabitants per year are the following: Maldives (10.97), Belarus (4.63), United States of America (4.34), Cuba (3.72), and Estonia (3.65). Imagine if in theory the Philippines has 1.0 divorce per 1,000 inhabitants, and our population is more than 100 million, then we will have an alarming 100,000 divorce cases!

Moreover, we are not only talking of mere numbers here because there are things much to be said than statistics. Among the unspoken voices in a divorce case would be children longing for affirmation, security, love, sense of belongingness and intimacy.

Our gospel today (Matthew 19:3-12) speaks of the initial plan of God for couples to become one and whatever God has bounded no man must break. But unfortunately out of weakness, violence, poor choices, and other factors homes go broken. May each of us pray to God -whose ever faithful- for every family in the world that love and faithfulness may reign in them in our intimate moments with the Lord. After all, when we strive to build loving and faithful families, harmonious society is possible. Amen.

TGIFY-Reflection #8
(Thank God It's Fri Yey!)
August 16, 2019