Episode 15

In one of the songs of Brian McKnight the lyrics goes like this:
I coulda done this, I coulda done that
But I know I can't go back
Cause now it's just too late
I'm sayin' shoulda woulda coulda

This part of the song reflects a common experience of every person, that is, regret. Logically, regret is the feeling of sadness in a later realization of a thing, person, or circumstance that is meant to be important but has gone away. Regret comes in different forms. When the function of our body falters, we begin to think of the times we should have led a healthy lifestyle. When we are drowned in deep shame, then we want to undo the wrongs we did. But more painfully, when our loved ones depart from this life, we wish to have spent more quality time with them.

When Jesus woes the towns of Chorazin and Bethsaida in today's gospel (Lk 10: 13-16). He in the same way reminded these towns of the wonderful things they should have received: the miracles, exorcism, and graces. Our Lord was saddened more than angry because He gave these towns lots of chances to turn back to Him yet they chose not to believe.   Our Lord wants us all to be saved. May our gospel today strengthen our resolve not to waste the relentless opportunities God bestows on us. Amen.

TGIFY-Reflection #15
(Thank God It's Fri Yey!)
October 4, 2019