Episode 27

There was a man who dreamt to be an NBA player. Every day of his life was devoted to practicing the craft. From grade school to college he was always a member of their school's basketball team. Unfortunately, after he graduated college, none offered him a slot in the pros. Nevertheless, the man persisted in his rigorous training. Until one day, an injury-inflicted NBA team needed a player to complete their roster. The ball club signed him for a 10-day contract. In that very short span, the man played phenomenally that eventually led the team to sign him as a regular NBA player.

Oftentimes, we belittle our dreams, talents, and progress. We forget that great things have their humble beginnings. Then, we fail to look at our gifts because we compare ourselves with the status of others. Also, we miss the value of our progress because we have given up the hope that one day we will achieve the thing we aspire.

In today's gospel (Mk. 4:26-34), we encounter one of the parables of Jesus regarding the kingdom of heaven. This particular parable reminds us to keep up the good deeds we have started, believe that God will always accompany us, and hope that one day we will be able to inherit the kingdom of God has in store for us. May every one of us trust the process. God loves us so much. Amen.

TGIFY-Reflection #27
(Thank God It's Fri Yey!)
January 31, 2020