Episode 38

There was a man who is a reputable jigsaw puzzle champion. Everytime he competes, he completes the puzzle very quickly like a speed of light. Definitely, his swiftness and precision has gunned down several aspiring champions from all over the world. From his achievements, he thought he could complete a one million-piece jigsaw puzzle just for 30 minutes. When he was at the 29th minute, he was saddened because there was a missing part in the puzzle. Thus, he failed in setting a world record.

There are many times in our life wherein we think we can do all things. Wherein we think we can be healed, happy, and complete on our own. However, there are just days, no matter how expert we are in that field, that we could not really deliver. Just as one modern adage says, "Everyone has a bad day."

In today's gospel, we can see five stages of completeness. First, the incompleteness of Peter- a master fisherman- when he did not catch any for an overnight fishing. Second, Jesus commanded Peter to cast the nets to the other side. Third, the apostles recognized it was Jesus and followed his commandments. Fourth, the disciples caught many fish. Fifth, Jesus prepared a breakfast for them even before they went ashore. Perhaps, just like Jesus had desired to complete the apostles, he would love to complete us by instructing us what to do, giving us the grace to do what we ought to do, recognizing Him as our God and provider, giving us bountiful produce more than we could ever think of, and celebrating a feast together with Him. May we never miss the greatest piece in our life, Jesus who died and resurrected for you and for me. Amen.

TGIFY-Reflection #38
(Thank God It's Fri Yey!)
April 17, 2020