Chapter 2

There was a brief silence between the both of them. Trying her best to be discreet, Naia was look over at him occasionally. Despite Lenny being older than her. Much older. He was a very attractive man. In good shape and not a wrinkle in sight. Which is pretty surprising for a 57 year old. He could easily pass for 30 years old. To add some noise into the car to break the silence that surrounded the both of them, Naia leaned over to turn on the radio. The intro to an upbeat song she happened to love began playing at a medium volume through the speakers. Nonchalantly, she began humming along to the lyrics of the song as she glanced out the window at the passing scenery. New York at night was a sight to see. Lights were on every corner of every street. When they said New York is the city that never sleeps they weren't just saying that just because.

"You're really enjoying this song, I see." Lenny's spoke suddenly. His voice interrupting her humming.

"I do! Get To Know Ya is that song. Are you and Gerald still close? I've seen a few photos with you two online and etc."

"We're on first name basis now? Gerald?"

"Yep! Gerald."

Lenny laughed with a subtle head shake.

"To answer your question, yes Gerald and I are still close. We don't talk or see each other daily like that, but whenever we see each other it's like no time at all has passed."

"I'm glad to hear that. I've spoken to him a few times on Instagram and he seems like a sweet guy."

"He is a good guy. He's one of the few guys in the music industry who aren't sneaky or malicious in any way."

Lenny mentioning about how two faced some people can be in the music industry is one of the main reasons why Naia decided from going that route. She had gotten offers from many big record companies. They all had the same promise that she would be as big as Beyoncé or Janet Jackson if not bigger since her father is Prince and her grandfather is Marvin Gaye. Once they had reached the outskirts of town, Lenny pulled up to this big lavish mansion. It was a place she used to hang out at a lot whenever her father brought her to New York. Memories of her and Zoë having sleepovers immediately flooded back to her mind. He pulled the car into the garage and shut off the ignition.

"Home sweet home."

"It's been so long since I've been here. I think this house is bigger than I remembered."

As Naia unbuckled her seatbelt, Lenny got out of the car and walked over to the passenger side to open the door for her. Naia smiled at him as she got out of the car.