Chapter 21

The music from the lively club blared through the speakers. Just hours ago, the confrontation between, Naia, Lenny, and her father plagued her mind heavily. Lenny saw how visibly upset she was over the whole ordeal and suggested they go out to one of his favorite nightclubs. She was hesitant at first because she wanted to wary of them being seen together too much. Lenny assured her that wasn't that type of club where paparazzi heavily stakeout out.

After thinking about it for a few minutes, she ultimately decided to go on and have a night out on the town. Her, Lenny, and a few close friends of his all sat together in the VIP section of the club. She sat on his lap with her glass of vodka in her hands. The sound of chatter from his entourage filled the area.

Lenny kept it hippie chic with blue jeans, a brown button down shirt with the first two buttons undone, which followed with a matching brown blazer, and of course his signature shades

Naia on the other hand decided to something a little more dressy but comfortable at the same time

Naia on the other hand decided to something a little more dressy but comfortable at the same time. She sported a black plunge v neck wrap dress.

As she sat on Lenny's lap, every now and then his hand would slide up in between her thighs

As she sat on Lenny's lap, every now and then his hand would slide up in between her thighs. Naia laughed and pushed his hand away.

"Easy. Tiger. We're in public now."

"And?"

"And you must behave. Here, have a sip of this because you are thirsty." She replied giving him her glass of Vodka on the rocks.

Lenny chuckled and took the glass of vodka from her grip. Removing the skinny black straw that was in the glass, he downed the remaining of her drink. She gazed at him in disbelief.

"Hey! I didn't say you could have ALL of it. Just a sip or two."

"Relax. You can always get another one, babe. In the meantime, are you feeling any better? I can't help but feel your whole energy is off, you know?"

Naia looked away from his gaze and looked in the opposite direction.

"Come on, you can't be doing this. It's clear you're upset about the events that happened between your father and I, and that's understandable. I get it! At least talk about it with me. Tell me what's on your mind."

She stayed silent for a moment before finally turning her gaze back to him. He was right. What happened to between him and her father hours ago bothered her greatly. She didn't like being on bad terms with people she loves, especially her father.

"It's just—I mean... why did you have to say some of the things you said?"

"Some of the things I said? Naia, I didn't even say anything. He's the one who started swinging at me with his cane like he's on crack."

"I know and I'm not justifying that at all. The comment about him being outside as you were bringing me to my climax was a validation that I liked what you were doing to me could have went left unsaid."

"Oh my god, Naia. It was only the truth. Naia, I swear to God I'm annoyed right now. You do all this talk about—'oh, I'm grown! I'm an adult who is almost twenty five!' " He mimicked in a high tone, mocking her voice. "But every time your daddy comes into the picture you act like a little girl and sex is some forbidden taboo. I'm tired. I'm going to get another drink."

He picked her up from off his lap and sat her on the sofa. His disgruntled mood could be visibly noticed as he walked down the steps that led to the main floor of the club where mostly everyone else were at. His words left her speechless. Was she in the wrong for pointing that out? She thought about following him and apologizing, but she decided to give him his space.

She stood from her seat and looked down at the dancefloor from the balcony. The dancefloor was packed with people as they danced to the latest songs that was popular at the moment and a few classics from the 90's and 80's. She watched them with admiration in how carefree they seemed to be. Sights like this made her think about doing a career change. She would love to have a business that was fun, safe, and made people forget about whatever they were going through in life for a few hours.

As she was watching the crowd, a woman who was shorter than her with a thick island accent, came up to her.

"Hi. I don't think we've met properly. I'm Miyah. I'm Leonard's cousin."

"It's nice to meet you, Miyah. I'm Naia."

"Oh, you don't even have to tell me who you are. You're Prince's daughter. You're practically royalty."

Naia laughed at Miyah's remark. "You're sweet, but I'm nothing like that. I'm just a regular person like you and everyone else in this club."

"Not only are you beautiful, but you're modest too. No wonder Leonard is so taken by you. If you two had a baby, that would be the most beautiful baby in the universe."

"Whoa there. Nobody is thinking about babies anytime soon."

"No?"

"Nope. I like your cousin—a lot. Probably more than I should, but I can't see myself having kids anytime soon."

"That's too bad. I know Leonard....."

Miyah's voice became muffled to Naia's ears when she caught a glimpse of Lenny laughing it up at the bar with some random woman. While Miyah was still rambling on, Naia went down the stairs and headed towards the exit. She saw how it was and she didn't have time for games, especially not from a man who's pushing sixty.

Lenny saw her heading towards the door and ran to catch up with her.

"Where are you going?" His voice shouted in the mix of the crowd.

Naia just gave him the silent treatment until she was outside of the club. She was heading in the direction of where he parked his car when he grabbed her by the wrist.

"What are you doing? Why you're leaving?"

"Please. Don't act all fake concerned. You don't need me here. You have plenty of hoes to keep you company. You've even taken off your shades. How sway." She snatched her arm from his grip and stormed off away from him.