XVIII PT. II

Aubrey's office was nothing short of professionalism at its best

Aubrey's office was nothing short of professionalism at its best. The white grey walls were accompanied with colorful drapes over the windows that did an amazing job at blocking out the sun on sunny days like today. Naia sauntered over to the desk where Aubrey sat. She sat on the other side of her desk with her bright red hair pulled by into a bun. Aubrey knew a lot about fashion, especially since she modelled for a while in her younger days before ultimately branching out to build her brand.

"Naia. It's nice to see you. We missed you at the last meeting we had a few weeks ago." Aubrey expressed with her eyes on Naia.

Naia laughed slightly and sat in one of the chairs in front of the desk. "I just got a little occupied with a few things so to speak. It won't happen again."

"I surely hope it doesn't. You're one of my best pupils we have. I'm excited to see what new ideas you've come up."

"And I'm excited to show you them." She responded with a smile on her face. Naia laid her sketchbook on the desk and pushed it on front of Aubrey.

She watched anxiously as Aubrey began flipping through the pages—looking at each design she had came up with. It was a nerve wrecking experience, especially since she was the queen of having a pokerface.

When Aubrey finished looking through each page, she closed the book and slid it back in front of Naia.

"Naia... these aren't going to cut it. They don't say spring, exciting, or unique. They're boring! I don't know what has gotten you off track or have you distracted, but you need to get it together."

The criticism left Naia speechless. She personally thought her designs were good. "Boring? I think they're far from boring and they could be really good outfits."

"It does nothing for me. You need to regroup and try again. You have a week to brainstorm new designs then come back to see me."

"A week? But I have plans. I'm leaving for Georgetown, Bahamas tomorrow."

"I don't know what to tell you, Naia. Either you deliver or you're fired. It's as simple as that."

Fired. Those were words she thought she wouldn't hear ever. With a deep frustrated sigh, Naia stood from her seat and ran her fingertips through her hair.

"Okay.... I'll go back to the drawing board. Maybe a change of scenery will spark some ideas."

"That's the spirit. I think you can do it. You've never let me down before, don't start now." Aubrey picked up Naia's book from off the table and handed it to her.

"I'll try not to." With that, Naia turned to walk from out of the office.

Hearing that her designs were 'boring' made her feel as though maybe she needed a career change. Perhaps she was losing her spark since her love life was more lively than it has been for a while now. The whole ordeal just made her more eager to see Lenny. The relief he always gave her was more than overdue.