Chapter 16

"Meh. I suppose so." Naia answered unenthusiastically.

Cheri shook her head and laughed at Naia's reaction. "Don't be so negative! You're a vibrant, beautiful, and ambitious woman. If I was a man or into women, I would for sure be trying to holler at you."

"You're so crazy." Cheri and Naia both laughed at each other's comment.

For Naia, Cheri's comment kind of made her feel some type of way. With the experiences she had with men, she knew the chances of finding that special someone was slim. But perhaps it would be for the best. After all, she was only twenty-four. If she happened to get in a serious relationship, it would just distract her from her goals and the main reason she moved to New York in the first place.

Despite the restaurant being lively with chatter from the other people in the restaurant, Cheri and Naia's table was quiet as they looked through the menu. The brief moment of silence was broken with Cheri's voice.

"I think I'm going to have the salmon with grits."

"Interesting choice. I'm going with the lobster scampi myself." Naia responded, closing her menu.

Out of nowhere, her phone vibrated in her lap once again. Naia just ignored it and placed the phone in her purse which sat on the table.

Moments later, the waiter returned to the table to take their orders

Moments later, the waiter returned to the table to take their orders. Cheri and Naia both told the gentleman what they were having. When he jotted everything down on his notepad, he walked away from the table. Of course as he walked away, Cheri turned to look at him. It was in true Cheri fashion to look at men asses as they walked past her or walked away.

Naia removed the white paper from her straw and threw it at Cheri. "Stop at that man's ass." She urged with a laugh.

"What?! It's no harm in looking. For a white guy he has a cute little ass. You should get his number."

"No, thank you."

"What? You don't think he's cute?"

"No. It's not that it's just..."

"Just what?"

Naia stayed silent and placed her straw into the glass of water before her. There was no way she was going to tell her she have been fucking Lenny nonstop for the past month and a half now. Hell, they weren't even dating.

"It's just complicated, okay?" Naia finally answered, looking up at Cheri's gaze.

"Likely story. But hey! I'm not going to pry. It's your life and your business. When you want to talk to me. I know you will."

A smile formed on Naia's face at Cheri understanding and respecting her boundaries.

"Excuse me a minute. I need to run to the restroom." Cheri informed Naia.

"Okay." Naia responded. With that, Cheri got up from the booth and sauntered in the direction to the restroom.