chapter 9

When Naia made it home to her apartment that morning, everything seemed surreal. Did that really happen? Did she really have sex with Lenny who was her father's best friend? It was all too much for her. The thing that bothered her the most was the fact when she woke up, Lenny was gone. The possibility that he played the hit and run plagued her mind heavily. Naia knew she couldn't think like that. After all, Lenny wasn't that kind of man. She shook her head and walked into her spacious lavishly designed bathroom. The cream colored tile on the floor was handcrafted and imported all the way from Italy. The marble on the side of the walls was cream colored mixed with light hues of blue. Since she was the only child of Prince, he made sure to spoil her in whatever she wanted. At the same time, he taught her how to be humble and appreciate everything she had. That was one of many values he had instilled in her.

She sauntered over to the walk in shower and proceeded to turn on the water. While she waited for it to get the right temperature, she grabbed a red colored body towel for drying off once she was finished, and a red face towel in which she would use for scrubbing her worries away underneath the warm water. With the towels in her hands, she laid them on the vanity sink before returning over to the shower to check the water temperature. By now, the water was just right. Naia wasted no time getting undressed and stepping in the shower.