Chapter 8: See You

Ryzen POV

"Oh goodness, did I hear that right? Our little darling is planning to pursue medicine. It seems like she's really focused on her future now." Katrina Yu said in a concerned voice. Little tears even came out of her eyes.

Then, it was Zeus Costales who let out a hearty chuckle.

"See, what did I tell you two? My dear granddaughter was just enjoying her youth and when it's time to get serious, she will find her own path on her own. I'm really so proud of you, my granddaughter!" he told Millen Yu's parents proudly and patted my head again.

All throughout it, Lennox Zevallos was just looking at us with a polite expression.

"You see it in the media, right? They all say that Millen is just a reckless young girl. But that's not the truth at all. As her family, we know our Millen the best. She's only moving in her own pace, not dictated by others." Kenneth Yu boasted in front of Lennox.

This time, instead of looking at Kenneth Yu, Lennox looked at me.

"Well, that is admirable. What is it that made you decide to pursue medicine?" Lennox asked formally, probably just forced to start a conversation with me.

I'm already a doctor in the first place! It's such a ridiculous question but of course, I couldn't do anything about it. All I can do is answer him properly in a doctor's honest perspective.

"Honestly, I only took Pharmacy for college because I wanted to help out with our business. However, recently, I just find myself being more interested in the subjects. It relieves me to know that with knowledge and skills that one could attain, they could actually have the ability to heal and save lives. I want to have that ability and help more people." I said truthfully.

Everyone was awe when I said that. It seems like Millen Yu's family couldn't believe that it was really their precious Millen in front of them.

I smiled inwardly as Lennox's face looked stunned, impressed at my answer. This is definitely a good impression, right?

We all continued to talk until we finished all the dishes that were served by the restaurant. In the end, Lennox offered to walk us out of the restaurant. We were getting picked up by a family driver while Lennox was just driving by himself.

Although everyone in Millen Yu's family just politely sent pleasantries with him, I decided to make a move. Just one small move towards Millen's lifetime wish means that I'm really working hard!

"Thank you for joining us, Lennox! See you at UP next year?" I said sweetly, as I gave him a coquettish smile.

Oops! Millen have tried to call him 'Brother Lennox' before since he is 6 years older than her and more importantly, she thought it was cute. With my actual age as Ryzen Ferrada though, Lennox and I actually have the same age. It was natural for me to address him with no honourifics.

Oh well. At least, without calling him 'Brother Lennox', maybe he'll be able to see Millen Yu as something more than an acquaintance?

"Right. See you at UP." Lennox replied formally.