Chapter 65: A Resolution

Ryzen POV

After more check-ups and tests for the past few days, I was finally released from the hospital.

When we got to the Yu mansion, I never thought that I'd feel so nostalgic just by seeing it.

Maybe, in one way or another, I've considered this as home deep inside my heart.

Before arriving at the dining area, I went to my room to dress myself up. I was the last one to arrive at the dining hall.

Naturally, it was Zeus Costales who sat at the head of the table. On his right side, Katrina and Kenneth Yu were already sitting comfortably.

On the other hand, there was an empty seat next to Zeus on his left side. Precisely, it was a seat between him and Lennox...

I tried to contain my smile upon seeing the scene, but I just couldn't. Just seeing all of them like this, makes me feel joyous.

"Thanks..." I murmured as Lennox pulled my seat for me.

I stared at him to give him a coquettish smile, not noticing that everyone else had their eyes on us.

"Finally, it is a pleasure to have you visit here, Mayor Lennox." Zeus Costales spoke in a teasing tone.

"No, it should me who should be thanking you for the invitation, Senate President." Lennox replied formally.

Zeus let out a hearty laugh before replying.

"Senate President? That's too formal. Call me 'Grandfather' instead."

"Now that father has mentioned it, 'Madame' is too formal for me too. 'Auntie' would be fine."

"Stop calling me 'Sir' too, 'Uncle' is okay."

Hearing Zeus, Katrina and Kenneth warmly talk to Lennox, it actually makes me want to laugh.

Just how charming is this man?

Well, I couldn't really blame them too, for treating him warmly. Aside from his good reputation, he was the one who helped this family, after all.

From the details I know, Lennox played a key role in rescuing me from the kidnapping incident.

I also read articles from my tablet while I was still in the hospital. From that, I found that everything was almost publicised.

Everyone who was involved in the kidnapping case also had estafa cases, and they were finally charged for their crimes, spending their time at prison.

Even the drug scandal was exposed, and even though a lot of those who were involved were children of rich businessmen, they were not exempted from being jailed, including Juli.

That was actually quite a revelation, since many people finally found out the truth about that music festival. Not only Millen 'died' from that incident, but also several other people. Some of them were just common people and even younger than Millen.

Honestly, I do not trust the justice system in the country. For the elite and those in power, it's very easy to get away with major cases.

I mean, just look at the politicians in this country. They could have a graft case charged against them among other cases, but they are never persecuted. They can easily get away from anything just by using their wealth and power...

But it turns out that with the estafa and drug festival case, the Zevallos lawyers helped out. These are several lawyers, including Lennox's parents, who are internationally-recognised diplomats.

With their help, even those in power and the elite could not get their selves out of the punishments given to them by the law.

That's really amazing, hmm...